Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree and that's why all the fans clamouring for a quadruple or invincible season just need to take stock of where ghe squad might be at the start if the new season.
This has come as a shock to me if KYle leaves because he has been and still is immense. No doubt the German rags won't want to pay what he's worth.

It's a little bit worrying for me in that our legends Kun, David, YaYa , Vincent, Zabba all stayed 8-10 years. But we now have a group who gave been fab for 5 or 6 years all with questions over them at ghe same time (Gundo, Bernarfo, Laporte and now Kyle)
I think it's simply a case of more success in a shorter period of time. Don't forget, Vinny and David only won 4 league titles in 10/11 years. Zabba won 2. Dinho won 5, but was mostly a bit part player for the last 2. Sergio won 5, but barely played in his last season.

These players have won 5 in 6 years, and now they've reached the promised land of the Champions League (and treble).

I get why he wants to leave and Citys policy is if you arnt committed there's the door, he has be an absolute wonderful servant of the club and took the piss out of the "crazy" fee we paid for him. Would prefer if he went for free next season as he is still top end, we will get next to nothing for him and there seems to be a massive amount of upheaval in our squad which is crazy considering we just won the bloody treble! Gomez, laporte, gundogan, bernardo, Mahrez and now walker all potential looking a move it's mental.

I don't think the club want him to go. I reckon this is Walker's call. Still, it's understandable.

He's not a guaranteed starter anymore, providing him with an exit window. He's achieved all he needs to at City; I don't think he has anything to prove. While he's not showing signs of slowing down on the pitch, his recovery ability off of it is starting to go.

This is probably his last chance to try out a new challenge and get a big contract at a different top club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.