Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would we get from him? I don't expect Bayern to offer more than 15-20 million. I would rather keep it for a year and let him go for free next year. Also, he rarely gets injured.
His speed would still be needed against teams with fast wingers.

What would we get from him? I don't expect Bayern to offer more than 15-20 million. I would rather keep it for a year and let him go for free next year.
His speed would still be needed against teams with fast wingers .
I think you’re missing the real issue though. After a treble and three-peat, some players will be mentally finished at City. Nothing left to achieve, no hunger to drive them. It’s the same reason why Pep will most likely complete the contract he has already committed to and then no more. It’s job done for almost everyone that’s been here over a certain number of years, manager included. Just the price of success. But the hierarchy are showing that they know the score by allowing Walker, Mahrez etc to leave if the offers come. It might not feel like it right now but these are good things.

Why are City losing so many of our top players?
Big reset.

Walker, Laporte, Mahrez, Gundogan, Bernardo, all approaching their last big contracts (add in Cancelo to the mix). All of them have now completed the set. Mahrez has especially after winning the AfCON as well in 2019.

It's hard to find the hunger inside yourself to go again once you've won everything. Pep would rather give minutes to players like Bobb and McAtee who are young lads wanting to prove themselves. Transition begins.

7-8 incomings!?

It’s not clubs. If we bring in 8 players that would be hugely destabilising to the squad and would require a season at least of bedding players into team
We are certain to lose Bernando, Walker, Cancelo, and Laporte(4 players). Gundogan, Maharez, and Philps might also leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.