Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 33. At some point he'll lose his pace. He's been great for us and will be missed but we need to keep freshening the squad if our amazing success is to be sustained. Good luck to him.

"but has probably just about justified the 50m"

Justified???? are you serious?

He has been an incredible signing, a huge if not MASSIVE part of our success under Pep.

See,this is why you are blinkered and obviously upset at the fact he could be leaving

Now take your emotions away just for a minute and say to yourself 50m for a full back,now say it again in your head 50m

Incredible is a strong word, but could be described for umpteen players who have worn the blue shirt over the last ten years or so,and who’ve cost a lot less

He’s been responsible for quite a few fuck ups as well,pace has got him out of trouble on more than one occasion as well

If you don’t believe me,look back in player performance thread over last few years

So like I say take your early morning emotions away……..just for a minute

But to be balanced, you’d also have to consider whether keeping a player that considers his City chapter to be over, would also be making us worse. It’s unlikely, after a treble and three-peat, and a summer where Walker’s seemingly made it clear he wants a new challenge, that he’d have anywhere near the hunger to produce at the level he has been. He’s also been guilty this season of making the ‘bad faces’ that Pep hates. That’s going to be an even bigger issue if he stays without the desire to go again, as he’ll find himself playing much less.

It’s just normal after such extreme success that some of those that have been here the longest mentally check out of the club. The Champions League was the final piece for quite a few of them. Winning it as part of a treble just closes the chapter even more emphatically.

As a general comment, possibly. Walker is not that player. He has a huge ego (in a good way), is competative, and I have no doubt if he stayed there would be no issue with his hunger. Plus you get the chance to create history by being part of the first team to win 4PLs or retain the CL, which should really motivate everyone.

See,this is why you are blinkered and obviously upset at the fact he could be leaving

Now take your emotions away just for a minute and say to yourself 50m for a full back,now say it again in your head 50m

Incredible is a strong word, but could be described for umpteen players who have worn the blue shirt over the last ten years or so,and who’ve cost a lot less

He’s been responsible for quite a few fuck ups as well,pace has got him out of trouble on more than one occasion as well

If you don’t believe me,look back in player performance thread over last few years

So like I say take your early morning emotions away……..just for a minute
I am not a fan boy of any player, they come and they go.

"major Fuck ups" like 5 titles, champions league, 4 league cups, 2 FA Cups, what a fucking loser Walker is.

But if we had paid 100m for Walker he would have been great value.

When we signed him I though Levy had taken our pants down, how gloriously wrong I was.

Great player, great character and a winner.

Good luck to him if he goes, he does not owe us anything.

I am not a fan boy of any player, they come and they go.

"major Fuck ups" like 5 titles, champions league, 4 league cups, 2 FA Cups, what a fucking loser Walker is.

But if we had paid 100m for Walker he would have been great value.

When we signed him I though Levy had taken our pants down, how gloriously wrong I was.

Great player, great character and a winner.

Good luck to him if he goes, he does not owe us anything.

You are a fanboy look at the first page on his thread you are there in your blaze of glory waving the flag just under 12 months ago

And if you think it’s just him whose been responsible for the titles you’ve just ranted at me then you’re a bigger dickhead than what I thought

So calm the fuck down,you have reacted to something I’ve said,I’m defending what I’ve said but you are coming out with childish shit like yea what a fucking loser Walker is,I’ve not said that have I ?

Nowhere near. Be surprised if it was any fee in all honesty.

He's easily a 30m player in today's market, even with a year left, at his age. And clubs like Bayern should not have an issue paying that.

You are possibly right, in that the club won't put that over letting him go where he wants to though. I would still say it will be over 15m.

Doesn't send a good message to other players (like bernardo), letting someone else go for pennies, when the club consistently say bring the right offer and you can go.

We got decent and fair value for Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko, Torres, without standing in their way, so I'd think we will for Walker too.

Club probably offering a 1-year contract and he’s after a longer term on decent money, so cashing in whilst he has market value

I'm not sure he'll be cashing in that much at Bayern. If he does fancy a change, I think it would be more the new challenge than the money driving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.