Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's easily a 30m player in today's market, even with a year left, at his age. And clubs like Bayern should not have an issue paying that.

You are possibly right, in that the club won't put that over letting him go where he wants to though. I would still say it will be over 15m.

Doesn't send a good message to other players (like bernardo), letting someone else go for pennies, when the club consistently say bring the right offer and you can go.

We got decent and fair value for Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko, Torres, without standing in their way, so I'd think we will for Walker too.

If he is *easily* worth 30m, Bayern will pay 30m. Imo, they won't pay more than 10-15m.

The thing with Walker is that fitness wise he's less reliable than he used to be. The last time Walker started over 20 league games was, IIRC, back in 19/20. Things can get only worse from here.

I am not a fan boy of any player, they come and they go.

"major Fuck ups" like 5 titles, champions league, 4 league cups, 2 FA Cups, what a fucking loser Walker is.

But if we had paid 100m for Walker he would have been great value.

When we signed him I though Levy had taken our pants down, how gloriously wrong I was.

Great player, great character and a winner.

Good luck to him if he goes, he does not owe us anything.

Amen

One player I never saw leaving. Going to be incredibly tough to replace and this season more than any he has been fantastic. Great servant to the club and really sad to see him go.

If he is *easily* worth 30m, Bayern will pay 30m. Imo, they won't pay more than 10-15m.

The thing with Walker is that fitness wise he's less reliable than he used to be. The last time Walker started over 20 league games was, IIRC, back in 19/20. Things can get only worse from here.

£10m max if Bayern are serious

I'm not sure he'll be cashing in that much at Bayern. If he does fancy a change, I think it would be more the new challenge than the money driving it.
A bit of both to be fair.

No 33 year old is turning down a huge multi year contract and the fact that Bayern are also a huge club that wins titles for fun is a huge bonus.

Great place for Walker to end his career, and what a career he has had.

Over his time at city i think he has been the best RB in the the world. Never worry about him defensively against anyone. Has easily stopped Mbappe, Viniscus, Rashford etc. Personally don’t think he will leave and reckon he will do the last season of his contract.

Kyle has been absolutely outstanding for us imo.

Without doubt, bona fide world class in his position.

Plays with an unbelievable level of authority even against world class opponents.

I’d be gutted if he goes.

Had a feeling he was off earlier in the season, slightly falling out of favour and the team has evolved beyond him a bit.

Mixed emotions because I think he's definitely the best defensive right back in the world, but would only ever wish him all the best. I do wonder if (what seems to be) the final coda of his city career since Easter has been driven by his knowledge he wanted to burn as bright as possible before riding off into the sunset?

Other mixed metaphors are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.