Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the fact they've seemingly done nothing to protect his image since he signed the new deal. He's gone from football golden boy with the world at his feet to being widely considered an egotistical prick in the space of a few months.

Not saying it isn't true but clubs can do a lot for a player's image - putting them front and centre of adverts, putting them in light-hearted club videos etc.
He's been an egotistical prick for a lot longer than that

That was the rumour at the start of the season. Think he wanted PSG to be competitive and it meant giving up chasing superstars and letting players like Neymar go.

I don't blame him in that regard. For as good as Messi, Neymar and Mbappe are, the lack of work-rate means you're not winning the Champions League. The fire-power will always give you a shooters chance but you're likely to come unstuck against a good time with high energy.

It is his fault that he signed a new contract though. A player as good as Mbappe should have been begging a top manager like Pep to come and sign him.
This 100%.

One of the major reasons we won the semi final tie vs them simply was because their workrate was nowhere near ours. 60 minutes into the first match they were burnt out because they aren't actually used to running in that farmer's league.

So I kinda see where Mbappe is coming from. At the same time, his own work rate is nowhere near what it should be and a player should be in no position to dictate club policy and direction. It's a recipe built for disaster.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the fact they've seemingly done nothing to protect his image since he signed the new deal. He's gone from football golden boy with the world at his feet to being widely considered an egotistical prick in the space of a few months.

Not saying it isn't true but clubs can do a lot for a player's image - putting them front and centre of adverts, putting them in light-hearted club videos etc.
It seems a huge overreaction if it is that.

Yeah, Mbappe will join a club who doesn't play in the CL ahead of a lot of super clubs.
I’ve already said I think he’ll end up at Madrid but if he doesn’t I could see Newcastle offering stupid money, even compared to what he’s on at PSG. And I could see that, in addition to having the club built around him and playing in the top European league, against Haaland, luring Mbappé into a crazy, headline smashing deal.

It seems a huge overreaction if it is that.

I think it's pretty obvious he wants Real Madrid. This whole bollocks of being loyal to PSG always came across a bit phony and now it's been proven to be exactly that around 2/3 months later. He's got his pay rise for 6 months, massive signing-on bonus and now wants to leave.

He might have backed himself into a corner, though, because I can't see PSG budging on going to Madrid. It'd be an embarrassment to them after celebrating his renewal like a victory. I reckon they will be stubborn and he'll either have to stay at PSG or find somebody else.

To be fair, though, this could (again) be some sort of power play by him and his reps to get him what he wants (different players?) at PSG. He put a post on Instagram after their 0-0 draw at the weekend at some sort of dig at the manager (who is still unbeaten it has to be noted) because he wants to play with a target man and doesn't see himself as the focal point in attack. Big, big prick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.