Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

He will get his move to Madrid or he will sit tight for 12 months.

United can't sign Mbappe and he wouldn't be interested.

United's current wage bill means they can only elevate it by another 15 per cent to stay inside the rules.

Mbappe's annual wage, coupled with signing fee, would smash it out of sight.

I admire the optimism but the idea that he wouldn’t be interested in keeping his megabucks ‘ambassador’ deal with Qatar whilst moving to a more relevant league seems a bit fanciful.

As to United not being able to afford it, ‘only’ a 15% increase in their wage bill is another €59m, before they finally shift the high earning deadweight this summer…..they can easily afford it unfortunately, even without a normal basic through United and 90% through the ‘ambassador’ position.

He will get his move to Madrid or he will sit tight for 12 months.

United can't sign Mbappe and he wouldn't be interested.

United's current wage bill means they can only elevate it by another 15 per cent to stay inside the rules.

Mbappe's annual wage, coupled with signing fee, would smash it out of sight.
Do you know if we are interested in him to the point we would put feelers out again to see if he would join us

I admire the optimism but the idea that he wouldn’t be interested in keeping his megabucks ‘ambassador’ deal with Qatar whilst moving to a more relevant league seems a bit fanciful.

As to United not being able to afford it, ‘only’ a 15% increase in their wage bill is another €59m, before they finally shift the high earning deadweight this summer…..they can easily afford it unfortunately, even without a normal basic through United and 90% through the ‘ambassador’ position.

They can't afford it because they are renewing deals for others and also have to buy additional players.

Rashford and De Gea have them by the bollocks.

It's not up to him about keeping his Qatar pay day, the World Cup has come and gone for them.

Mbappe has shown a total disregard for his paymasters with today's power play, which is essentially him telling Qatar he is prepared to cost them £200m if he doesn't get a move to Madrid.

Qatar have deep enough pockets to call his bluff and not give a fuck.

United are not in the equation for the elite.

So where you say reported, thats media reports not the club?

I thought I had clarified "Can't" and "wouldn't" when I said "First I haven't suggested Mbappe couldn't adapt, I've suggested he wouldn't adapt," It's an ego thing, we saw it very clearly at the swamp with Ronaldo. I see those two as two cheeks of the same arse with Neymar the hole in the middle

I'm not questioning the ability of these players, just their willingness to be part of a team ethic, which is the strongest element of our club under Pep, and so I agree with you that other clubs will willingly pay the money, simply because their approach is fundamentally different than ours, and I know which I prefer and it's clear to see which is the most successful. (Yes I'm aware that you can contradict this by pointing out Madrids unparallelled CL success with their Galacticos approach, but they are the exception not the norm).

We're never going to agree but thats fine, as you say, we all have opinions. I believe mine is supported by the manner in which Cancelo has been booted out, as I always thought he was the closest we had in attitude to those players, and by the fact that despite continual (media) links to Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo and MBappe, we haven't actually signed, or even come close to signing, any of them, suggesting perhaps that the press are doing their usual 2+2=5
Yes, I meant media reports, not City reports as that isn't usually our approach to transfers. But as well as Haaland, there was also Kane too???

So you believe if City were to sign Mbappé, he'd outright refuse to work hard for the team? Not because he couldn't, but because he wouldn't want to? And you've arrived at this conclusion how?

I've seen both peak Ronaldo & Messi work their bollocks off for Barça & Real. If you're talking nearly 40 year old Ronaldo & 36 year old Messi, I can fully understand why they don't work as hard as they did for their last clubs, but that is purely age related, not because they don't want to. I don't get where you're getting this peak Ronaldo & Messi didn't work hard for ManUre, Real & Barça from. \0/

Have you ever met Cancelo, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar or Mbappé? If not, how do you know what their attitudes are & how it affects their teams?

Granted, with Ronaldo you may have a point as I've seen some errant on field behaviour from him, but aside from one pass which Mbappé was pissed off with & didn't chase, I've not seen anything else from him, & I can say the same with Messi & Neymar if truth be told.

Only a few weeks ago, KDB told Pep to fuck off whilst playing! Is he in the same "Wouldn't" want to work hard category as peak Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar & Mbappé too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.