Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Couple of issues with this

First I haven't suggested Mbappe couldn't adapt, I've suggested he wouldn't adapt, on the basis that, in my opinion, which is very similar to my opinion of Ronaldo, Neymar and Messi, these so called galacticos play for themselves rather than the team.

Second, we are linked with any big name who come on the market, you say our interest has been reported, presumably by the media who we are all in awe of due to their unerring accuracy when it comes to transfer target for our club?

Again in my opinion, the business side of the club, which includes concluding transfers for targeted players, is extremely well run and adept at keeping our true targets under wraps until the deal is done, or close to done. Yes there are exceptions, Haaland being an obvious one. But has anyone from the club confirmed our interest in Mbappe? Or Neymar before him?
OK, so it's just your opinion then? That's fine. We're all entitled to hold one.

In 2017 we were reportedly interested in Mendy, Bernardo & Mbappé. We got two out of three, but there were strong rumours then of a near world record bid from PSG for Mbappé in the offing, but it had to wait for a season because they were in for Neymar & couldn't afford both because of FFP.

As a compromise, Mbappé left for PSG in 2017 on a season long loan with a £160m obligation to buy, which was completed in 2018. It was reported yesterday that we were actually in for him twice, but I don't recall the second occasion to be honest.

I still fail to see how you can predict that Kylian wouldn't adapt. Can you clarify if that's "Can't" adapt or "Wouldn't" adapt" because he doesn't want to? I assume that's the crux of your opinion?

Most high profile stars are high maintenance, but because of what they bring to the table, they're accommodated.

Players like Ronaldo, Messi & Neymar haven't been sold for such humongous fees with the astronomical wages to suit, albeit they're being bang average players. They're WAY above average, hence the premium paid in transfer fees & wages.

No one will pay that kind of money if those superstars constantly failed to deliver. In your opinion they play for themselves, however the big demand for their services would suggest otherwise, but like I said earlier, we're all entitled to an opinion.

I've not said City are in for Mbappé this time around, & I've not seen any such reported links myself even from Bluemoon ITK's. However I've said that if Kylian is available, I'd love City to be in the mix, BUT I think we all know he's nailed on to Real either this summer or next.

As for Neymar, it was rumoured he was offered to us last summer as part of a deal for Bernardo, but that's as much as I know. Again reports out of France suggest PSG still want rid of Neymar, but I've seen no reports saying City hold an interest in him outright or as part of a swap for Bernardo.

However, Bluemoon are split on whether we should show an interest in Neymar or not. Personally, if Pep & Txiki want him I won't be averse. But if we're not interested in him, I'm not arsed either way as he's passing the peak of his powers.

Hopefully that clarifies my opinion on Mbappé, Neymar & Miami bound Messi...

He'll be off to Madrid for free next season after he cripples PSG into making stupid signings this summer to appease him

Haaland winning the Champions League, along with the Ballon d'Or shouts, has broken him.

Turtle ****
Still think he’ll go this summer to RM.

OK, so it's just your opinion then? That's fine. We're all entitled to hold one.

In 2017 we were reportedly interested in Mendy, Bernardo & Mbappé. We got two out of three, but there were strong rumours then of a near world record bid from PSG for Mbappé in the offing, but it had to wait for a season because they were in for Neymar & couldn't afford both because of FFP.

As a compromise, Mbappé left for PSG in 2017 on a season long loan with a £160m obligation to buy, which was completed in 2018. It was reported yesterday that we were actually in for him twice, but I don't recall the second occasion to be honest.

I still fail to see how you can predict that Kylian wouldn't adapt. Can you clarify if that's "Can't" adapt or "Wouldn't" adapt" because he doesn't want to? I assume that's the crux of your opinion?

Most high profile stars are high maintenance, but because of what they bring to the table, they're accommodated.

Players like Ronaldo, Messi & Neymar haven't been sold for such humongous fees with the astronomical wages to suit, albeit they're being bang average players. They're WAY above average, hence the premium paid in transfer fees & wages.

No one will pay that kind of money if those superstars constantly failed to deliver. In your opinion they play for themselves, however the big demand for their services would suggest otherwise, but like I said earlier, we're all entitled to an opinion.

I've not said City are in for Mbappé this time around, & I've not seen any such reported links myself even from Bluemoon ITK's. However I've said that if Kylian is available, I'd love City to be in the mix, BUT I think we all know he's nailed on to Real either this summer or next.

As for Neymar, it was rumoured he was offered to us last summer as part of a deal for Bernardo, but that's as much as I know. Again reports out of France suggest PSG still want rid of Neymar, but I've seen no reports saying City hold an interest in him outright or as part of a swap for Bernardo.

However, Bluemoon are split on whether we should show an interest in Neymar or not. Personally, if Pep & Txiki want him I won't be averse. But if we're not interested in him, I'm not arsed either way as he's passing the peak of his powers.

Hopefully that clarifies my opinion on Mbappé, Neymar & Miami bound Messi...

So where you say reported, thats media reports not the club?

I thought I had clarified "Can't" and "wouldn't" when I said "First I haven't suggested Mbappe couldn't adapt, I've suggested he wouldn't adapt," It's an ego thing, we saw it very clearly at the swamp with Ronaldo. I see those two as two cheeks of the same arse with Neymar the hole in the middle

I'm not questioning the ability of these players, just their willingness to be part of a team ethic, which is the strongest element of our club under Pep, and so I agree with you that other clubs will willingly pay the money, simply because their approach is fundamentally different than ours, and I know which I prefer and it's clear to see which is the most successful. (Yes I'm aware that you can contradict this by pointing out Madrids unparallelled CL success with their Galacticos approach, but they are the exception not the norm).

We're never going to agree but thats fine, as you say, we all have opinions. I believe mine is supported by the manner in which Cancelo has been booted out, as I always thought he was the closest we had in attitude to those players, and by the fact that despite continual (media) links to Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo and MBappe, we haven't actually signed, or even come close to signing, any of them, suggesting perhaps that the press are doing their usual 2+2=5

As said yesterday, it’s pretty clear that Qatar will ‘sell’ him to United for €200m.

Nice and clean contra movement for them and pumps €200m into PSG that they can reinvest.

To paraphrase the quote, Qatar wouldnt sell Real a kidney stone, and Real aren’t going to stump up the sort of cash to make it worthwhile for Qatar and there is no way Mbappe is going to stay and waste another year with Messi and Neymar leaving.

As said yesterday, it’s pretty clear that Qatar will ‘sell’ him to United for €200m.

Nice and clean contra movement for them and pumps €200m into PSG that they can reinvest.

To paraphrase the quote, Qatar wouldnt sell Real a kidney stone, and Real aren’t going to stump up the sort of cash to make it worthwhile for Qatar and there is no way Mbappe is going to stay and waste another year with Messi and Neymar leaving.
He will get his move to Madrid or he will sit tight for 12 months.

United can't sign Mbappe and he wouldn't be interested.

United's current wage bill means they can only elevate it by another 15 per cent to stay inside the rules.

Mbappe's annual wage, coupled with signing fee, would smash it out of sight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.