Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Let me get this straight. His sin is that he alerted PSG early that he's not be signing a new contract. That's his sin. Didn't whine about leaving. Simply stated he is happy to finish his contract but he is not re-signing.

So he did exactly what Gundogan did, except he was more upfront about it

If he has a dream to play for Real Madrid, he is under no obligation to mortgage his future signing a longer contract where PSG can dictate his life indefinitely.

There are lots of things to criticize Mbappe over... Being honest about his intentions isn't one of them.
You're honestly comparing Gundo and his situation to Mbappe??
Gundo was a loyal player who never asked for control of the club, was offered a deal (with the club knowing he was in his last year) which didn't match what he wanted. Left with everyone's good will.
Mbappe - wanted to control the entire squad so he was top dog. Now realises it's unlikely he'll win the trophies he wants where he is, tells EVERYONE that basically he's free next summer. Honest about his intentions my arse, looking after number one all day long

Well then, we should applaud him for alerting them early enough for them to sellkl him if they so choose.

This is why I don't understand the angst towards Mbappe here. He did not pretend he was going to extend then exit last minute. Knowing how much he was worth to them, he gave them a heads up early.

I don't plan on re-signing, so here is a heads-up to let you know in case you want to make some profit off selling me.

Frankly, this is gesture worth applauding. Knowing this might get the fans to turn on him, he does it anyway.

What PSG want is for him to sign his life to them and then to determine when and where he goes.
I personally think that's nonsense. Look at Harry Kane going through similar. The only difference being he has had little control of his life for years and is now (possibly) on the back end of his career.

In my opinion the only loyalty a player owes to the club, is for the length of his contract. To let a team know you won't re-sign early is above and beyond expectation. And Mbappe dis that.
To summarise, is your argument that he’s a ****, but an honest ****?

New update - he’s been offered a deal in Middle East for many millions, for a season before going to Madrid.

You're honestly comparing Gundo and his situation to Mbappe??
Yes. In that both had a year left on their contracts. And both did not intend to re-sign. It's not that hard of a comparison to see. The only difference here is that Mbappe gave notice he wasn't re-signing.

Now this is not to say what Gundogan did was wrong. He was under no obligation to do more than he did. By the way, neither is Mbappe. Yet he did.

I seem to remember many getting awfully pissed at Milner and carrying a grudge for years because the man had the gaul to finish his contract and sign wherever he wanted. Many here hated him doing that, and yet are bending over backwards to not see that Mbappe has done the 'right thing '.
Gundo was a loyal player who never asked for control of the club, was offered a deal (with the club knowing he was in his last year) which didn't match what he wanted. Left with everyone's good will.
Neither did Mbappe. PSG offered this and a ridiculous contract to coax him into re-signing the last time. That's on them. Not on him. He took the contract. Knowing he'd still be in his mid 20s when it's over and he can re-assess. T

Mbappe - wanted to control the entire squad so he was top dog. Now realises it's unlikely he'll win the trophies he wants where he is, tells EVERYONE that basically he's free next summer.
Yes, he can't achieve his goals there. Now he knows that. And has made the best decision possible to reach his goals. I'm struggling to see the problem here. So are you saying he should continue to stay with the dysfunction unit coz they overpaid him in the last contract?

Honest about his intentions my arse, looking after number one all day long
You'd have to explain how giving PSG a heads up he won't re-sign is looking after #1. He could just have easily done the... let's call it the 'Milner' and pretended he might sign, then walk away.

That's how most do it. Including Gundogan. Whom bby the way I love to death. But the facts are the facts. Nbappe's actions in this particular situation IS objectively better and more honest.

All the above said, Mbappe is still a massive ****. But not for this particular issue. We simply have to be able to distinguish scenarios.

I think it's very interesting how the player is often described as the bad guy during contract negotiations as opposed to the club...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.