Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

PSG are on their arse here and it's all their doing.

Agreed, Madrid offered them a fair price before this last extension €200 million with a year left.

I just hope this Saudi deal gets them off the hook as it’s doing for lots of clubs ATM.

You need a strong domestic market to make it sustainable. The Premier League has the biggest overseas TV rights by miles, and even they get half of their TV income from domestic rights. And the big money comes from selling rights in rich countries. Someone said on the other thread that some Saudi clubs (actually one) get 40,000 at home games. And yes they do, but they're paying less than 10 quid a ticket. That's the difference between getting a few hundred grand per game and Arsenal's 3 million per game. It's the same with TV rights. I live in a developing country, and I can get all of European football for 10 quid a month. In the UK, I'd be paying maybe 60 quid. So no, I think they do need the European, North American and rich far-East market to make it work.
What if they end up with say 70% of the worlds best players, in their prime and in their league? In about 5-10 years they will clean up in Africa and Asian markets especially those countries with majority Muslim populations. They will also probably host the 2030 World Cup.

The times they are a changing!

So are they really going to pay 259m for 1 season?

or will he sign a 3 year deal and RM will have to find say 200m to buy him in a years time?
As I wrote earlier, Real would have to pay big bucks of around that figure. No way will the Saudis simply let him go there on a free.

The transfer market has finally lost the plot, how is the good for football around the world. Plus he’s a sulky fucker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.