Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

If I could afford to live in a mansion situated in the footballer belt (Alderley Edge, Over Peeover etc) and get paid £300k per week, there’s no where else I’d rather live in the world.
You are in a distinct minority, if you could make that money in Paris, London, Madrid, Barcelona…

If it’s the money that makes it so attractive, then you make my point for me, so thank you.

You are in a distinct minority, if you could make that money in Paris, London, Madrid, Barcelona…

If it’s the money that makes it so attractive, then you make my point for me, so thank you.

Each to their own fella. I personally love Manchester. I have travelled extensively in the US and it’s a great country but I could never live there. Plenty of players love Manchester. Even ex managers have made Manchester and the North West their home. Martinez (Portugal manager) and Benitez. I recall watching a video of Rodri and his girlfriend and how they live in Manchester. His Spanish girlfriend absolutely loves Manchester and I am sure Rodri could play wherever he wanted to.

Each to their own fella. I personally love Manchester. I have travelled extensively in the US and it’s a great country but I could never live there. Plenty of players love Manchester. Even ex managers have made Manchester and the North West their home. Martinez (Portugal manager) and Benitez. I recall watching a video of Rodri and his girlfriend and how they live in Manchester. His Spanish girlfriend absolutely loves Manchester and I am sure Rodri could play wherever he wanted to.
I’m not saying you can’t live well in and around Manchester as a multi-millionaire.

How many of them live on your street?

Aa I’ve said already, I’d love to have a home in the general vicinity (Peak District/Lakes) but having lived in Macclesfield, Withington, Rusholme, Radcliffe, Mossley, & Stalybridge, I wouldn’t live in any of them again.

Last edited:
I’m not saying you can’t live well in and around Manchester as a multi-millionaire. How many of them live on your street?

Not sure what your point is. Are you saying you cant live well and enjoy Manchester unless you are a multi-millionaire?

Not sure what your point is. Are you saying you cant live well and enjoy Manchester unless you are a multi-millionaire?
I’m saying the examples you have mentioned all fall into that category and live lives that very few Mancunians are able.

To bring it back to the OP, Mbappe could go live amongst them and possibly be happy. I’m just saying that being the Prince of Paris has colored his view of how he thinks his life should be…and I don’t think it includes Manchester…in my humble opinion.

If I could afford to live in a mansion situated in the footballer belt (Alderley Edge, Over Peeover etc) and get paid £300k per week, there’s no where else I’d rather live in the world.

I’d agree to an extent and it is nice around here but to be honest I prefer the Cotswolds if we were to stay in England. However being foreign my missus just can’t take much more of the weather here, and now wants to either live in America again or somewhere like Provence or Madeira.

Waking up to winter weather in the Macclesfield region with it pissing down five days a week between October and March I can see her point! I guess if one hasn’t grown up round here it must be pretty depressing and that’s what may put many foreign players off? You can have a lovely house and a flash car but you can’t buy sunshine.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.