Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Yes. In that both had a year left on their contracts. And both did not intend to re-sign. It's not that hard of a comparison to see. The only difference here is that Mbappe gave notice he wasn't re-signing.

Now this is not to say what Gundogan did was wrong. He was under no obligation to do more than he did. By the way, neither is Mbappe. Yet he did.

I seem to remember many getting awfully pissed at Milner and carrying a grudge for years because the man had the gaul to finish his contract and sign wherever he wanted. Many here hated him doing that, and yet are bending over backwards to not see that Mbappe has done the 'right thing '.

Neither did Mbappe. PSG offered this and a ridiculous contract to coax him into re-signing the last time. That's on them. Not on him. He took the contract. Knowing he'd still be in his mid 20s when it's over and he can re-assess. T

Yes, he can't achieve his goals there. Now he knows that. And has made the best decision possible to reach his goals. I'm struggling to see the problem here. So are you saying he should continue to stay with the dysfunction unit coz they overpaid him in the last contract?

You'd have to explain how giving PSG a heads up he won't re-sign is looking after #1. He could just have easily done the... let's call it the 'Milner' and pretended he might sign, then walk away.

That's how most do it. Including Gundogan. Whom bby the way I love to death. But the facts are the facts. Nbappe's actions in this particular situation IS objectively better and more honest.

All the above said, Mbappe is still a massive ****. But not for this particular issue. We simply have to be able to distinguish scenarios.
Appreciate the detailed response - some on here would simply have resorted to name calling :).

I stick with my point that the situation with Gundo is different to Mbappe imo - just as you have yours.

Milner made his decisions, I suspect most of the issues arose from who he chose to sign for. I can't remember if he arsed us around to be honest, and in terms of trophies I think he'll look back on it as a mistake.

PSG have snookered themselves no question. We have no idea what either party may have promised the other, but I still think it's poor from Mbappe.

Let's hope we don't end up in the same situation with Erling in a couple of years.

Final comment - players have far more power post Bosman, which is a good thing for them. Clubs should look at the situation PSG have left themselves in and learn from it though, either sell before that last 12 months or get the ink on that extension

Yes. In that both had a year left on their contracts. And both did not intend to re-sign. It's not that hard of a comparison to see. The only difference here is that Mbappe gave notice he wasn't re-signing.

Now this is not to say what Gundogan did was wrong. He was under no obligation to do more than he did. By the way, neither is Mbappe. Yet he did.

I seem to remember many getting awfully pissed at Milner and carrying a grudge for years because the man had the gaul to finish his contract and sign wherever he wanted. Many here hated him doing that, and yet are bending over backwards to not see that Mbappe has done the 'right thing '.

Neither did Mbappe. PSG offered this and a ridiculous contract to coax him into re-signing the last time. That's on them. Not on him. He took the contract. Knowing he'd still be in his mid 20s when it's over and he can re-assess. T

Yes, he can't achieve his goals there. Now he knows that. And has made the best decision possible to reach his goals. I'm struggling to see the problem here. So are you saying he should continue to stay with the dysfunction unit coz they overpaid him in the last contract?

You'd have to explain how giving PSG a heads up he won't re-sign is looking after #1. He could just have easily done the... let's call it the 'Milner' and pretended he might sign, then walk away.

That's how most do it. Including Gundogan. Whom bby the way I love to death. But the facts are the facts. Nbappe's actions in this particular situation IS objectively better and more honest.

All the above said, Mbappe is still a massive ****. But not for this particular issue. We simply have to be able to distinguish scenarios.
The only cnuts in this scenario are PSG.

They made Mbappe bigger than their club, not the other way round.

Mbappe is doing nothing wrong, he is honouring his contract, playing to his limits and has been brutally honest in saying he will leave at the end of his contract, fair play to him.

He’s on a different level to anyone, when he wants to be. Haaland is a superstar but Mbappé is a notch above. He can do it all himself, doesn’t need supply.

He’s young but his attitude means he could easily go the same way of Balotelli.

City would be mad to not try for him, we are the perfect club for him. Can go Madrid afterwards.

He’s on a different level to anyone, when he wants to be. Haaland is a superstar but Mbappé is a notch above. He can do it all himself, doesn’t need supply.

City would be mad to not try for him, we are the perfect club for him. Can go Madrid afterwards.
He simply , sadly, is not interested in any other club than Madrid, and again fair play to him for wanting them, it was always his dream as a kid to play there.

He simply , sadly, is not interested in any other club than Madrid, and again fair play to him for wanting them, it was always his dream as a kid to play there.

Yeah. Many aspects, the weather, country, the history of the club.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he is managed by Zidane in the not too distant future.
La Liga is not on the level of the premier league, in term of entertainment and how difficult it is to win.

City gave Madrid a smacked arse. Despite Madrid actually ditching the league before the knockout stages even happened. It’s a barmy club that just focuses on a cup competition.

Pep will get bored sooner or later, but any footballer with a brain wants City, the set up is the best you can get. That said, we are a bit too thrifty in the transfer market, this is the summer to crush everyone. There’s time, but the door is closing by the day….

Yeah. Many aspects, the weather, country, the history of the club.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he is managed by Zidane in the not too distant future.
La Liga is not on the level of the premier league, in term of entertainment and how difficult it is to win.

City gave Madrid a smacked arse. Despite Madrid actually ditching the league before the knockout stages even happened. It’s a barmy club that just focuses on a cup competition.

Pep will get bored sooner or later, but any footballer with a brain wants City, the set up is the best you can get. That said, we are a bit too thrifty in the transfer market, this is the summer to crush everyone. There’s time, but the door is closing by the day….
6 weeks left in the window and a few hundred million in cash in the safe, relax and enjoy , looking today we will still be the team to beat.

Appreciate the detailed response - some on here would simply have resorted to name calling :).

I stick with my point that the situation with Gundo is different to Mbappe imo - just as you have yours.
I don't disagree there is a difference between the 2. Just saying on the singular point of giving a heads up with a year left, Mbappe'saction was superior.

I agree, their roles, age and value at the time changes the potential gravity if their actions. Gundo was at the tail wvs if his career while Mbappe might just be entering his prime.

Possibly why he thought it was prudent to give notice, even though he had no obligation to.

Milner made his decisions, I suspect most of the issues arose from who he chose to sign for. I can't remember if he arsed us around to be honest, and in terms of trophies I think he'll look back on it as a mistake.

PSG have snookered themselves no question. We have no idea what either party may have promised the other, but I still think it's poor from Mbappe.
Agreed PSG snookered themselves and are now trying to play victim.

As for promises, it was clear he wanted to leave last year. But was convinced to give it 2 more years to try to win the champions league. Especially with Neymar and Messi in tow. He agreed to stay 2 more years with an option for a 3rd if both parties agreed to continue. They 3pled his salary and gave him some say on squad players. (I e. He can suggest who to buy and they'll greatly consider it).

Just so he wouldn't try to leave this summer they stacked the 2nd year with a shit ton of bonuses and loyalty payout.

Now he has said, okay I won't leave. I'll honor my contract extension, not make a fuss and collect on all my loyalty bonuses. But I am finally going to head where I wanted to go all along.

Let's hope we don't end up in the same situation with Erling in a couple of years.

If Halaand says with a year left on his contract to has no plans to resign. Then we can sell or let him play it out. Balls in our court at that point.

And I'd hold no grudges. No player is under obligation to resign where they don't want to continue playing.
Final comment - players have far more power post Bosman, which is a good thing for them. Clubs should look at the situation PSG have left themselves in and learn from it though, either sell before that last 12 months or get the ink on that extension
Exactly. In PSGs case, they should have sold him for 200 million 2 years ago.

6 weeks left in the window and a few hundred million in cash in the safe, relax and enjoy , looking today we will still be the team to beat.

Yeah. There’s time. Bit if we didn’t roll the dice from here, the gap has closed. We got lucky that Arsenal collapsed.

I’m in favour of a major overhaul, squad was ageing and it is hard to keep going to the well.

I wanted Rice. Bidding £90m and stopping was foolish.
The extra £15m was Borges, especially after losing the Bellingham race.

That attitude will only get you so far.
Will rest a bit if/when Gvardiol comes in.
Those are the signings, generational quality, where you know there is long term planning.

I want Joao Felix. We don’t play orthodox wingers. There’s a player there who has a high ceiling in the right environment.

Pep’s presser was interesting. Lots of plates spinning.

Spunk the budget on Gvardiol and Mbappé. Then we are cooking

Well then, we should applaud him for alerting them early enough for them to sellkl him if they so choose.

This is why I don't understand the angst towards Mbappe here. He did not pretend he was going to extend then exit last minute. Knowing how much he was worth to them, he gave them a heads up early.

I don't plan on re-signing, so here is a heads-up to let you know in case you want to make some profit off selling me.

Frankly, this is gesture worth applauding. Knowing this might get the fans to turn on him, he does it anyway.

What PSG want is for him to sign his life to them and then to determine when and where he goes.
I personally think that's nonsense. Look at Harry Kane going through similar. The only difference being he has had little control of his life for years and is now (possibly) on the back end of his career.

In my opinion the only loyalty a player owes to the club, is for the length of his contract. To let a team know you won't re-sign early is above and beyond expectation. And Mbappe dis that.
But why should a club stay loyal to a player if they’re unwilling to commit to the club? I don’t think psg have done any wrong either. It’s their right to try and cash in on a player unwilling to commit beyond the year left on the deal.

Now we have won the European Cup it's worth having a go for him even on some ridiculously expensive years loan. Why not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.