Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

That’s your opinion but clearly it’s not one that lots of people agree with
Like Chicago as a City to visit but wouldn’t live there whereas I’d live in city centre Manchester any day but that my opinion and I think it’s rather rude to come on here and tell Mancunians tha their city is a “shithole” We have also had lots of world class players who could chose to play anywhere send a good proportion of their career, by choice, living in Manchester and that’s before Pep came along even the rags have had a few
It’s certainly improving and that can only be a good thing.
The walk from Piccadilly station to The Gardens really does let the place down for anyone arriving for the first time.
You’d think the powers that he would make that a priority seeing as it’s many visitors first impression.

if you are a top level player then you want a club to match that, the premier league is classed as the best league in the world, the top level players will want to be part of that, the money is right up there as well, players dont live in a two up two down with cobbled streets on hovis lane,player generally dont have that much spare time during the season,rest,training and matches.

we offer the players the best league,the best(ish) wages,the best training facilities and one of the best and most professional organisations in the football world, and we are competitive, with a chance to win in every competition we enter, based on purely football is there a better place to spend your career, i get the pull of playing in different countries with different cultures,but is the grass ever any greener.

It’s certainly improving and that can only be a good thing.
The walk from Piccadilly station to The Gardens really does let the place down for anyone arriving for the first time.
You’d think the powers that he would make that a priority seeing as it’s many visitors first impression.
might not be. They might have flown in and spent 3 hours on the tram getting to the city centre.

That’s your opinion but clearly it’s not one that lots of people agree with. I think it’s rather rude to come on here and tell Mancunians that their city is a “shithole”

Having grown up in Manchester, having all my family live in and around Manchester, visiting there on a regular basis, while traveling the world for a living, I’d politely suggest I have much greater context for my views and opinions than many.

I like Chicago as a City to visit but, wouldn’t live there whereas I’d live in city centre Manchester any day but that’s my opinion I also wouldn’t go on a Chicago Bears forum and tell them that their city is a shithole

No-one would give a damn because areas of the city are definitely a shithole and I wouldn’t go there myself!

Funnily enough, the Chicago Bears are leaving the city of Chicago and coming out to the leafy green town in which I live…about 30 miles outside the city!

We have also had lots of world class players, who could chose to play anywhere, spent a good proportion of their career, by choice, living in Manchester and that’s before Pep came along even the rags have had a few

Indeed. Evidence of evidence isn’t evidence of an absence of other evidence!

Just because some have, doesn’t mean most would.

I’ll posit a crazy notion…until money arrived at City the thought of City attracting a world class player was virtually impossible. In fact, even in the early years, City had to pay over the odds for a player to come to the club. This is not in doubt.

Accordingly, in an increasingly money-driven sport/world, it was ££££ that brought players who were being courted elsewhere, but it was success that kept them here.

I would also venture that for every single one of them, Manchester, as a city and location, was a perceived negative that was overcome by sporting ambition and money, as opposed to a positive selling point.

In short, the negative that is Manchester to many players has to be overcome by sporting ambition, aided by remuneration that is some of the best in England and the world.

Today, the infrastructure, the continued success, and the coach are a sporting and financial package that overwhelms and supersedes any perceived negative that Manchester might conjure. It has not always been thus and a few skyscrapers hasn’t changed that.

The city, the weather, the general economic malaise are all things that have to be overcome here. That is not the case with London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, and probably also Milan, Rome, and Munich. That is often overcome by buying a mansion in Alderley Edge or similar green belt locale and frequent trips to both London and the Continent.

And, fwiw, I love aspects of Manchester, because I grew up there, but now that I’ve seen the world, I see it through a slightly different lens.

Which players are planning to come to Chicago????

Little personal, maybe? Tell me again where you are?!
If I could afford to live in a mansion situated in the footballer belt (Alderley Edge, Over Peeover etc) and get paid £300k per week, there’s no where else I’d rather live in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.