Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Real and Barca have definitely wanted our best players over the past decade, I'm sure many people like you pair thought when Sergio Aguero or David Silva joined, that they'd only be here a year or two maybe three but you know what they absolutely loved it here... Don't underestimate our clubs ability to get any big star they want and then sway their head to stay long-term.
Sergio could've spat his dummy out after 3 years and said he wanted to join Barcelona and they'd defo have chosen him over Luis Suarez, everyone knows Real always courted Aguero too but he stayed because why the hell wouldn't he? We're the future he saw that as did David Silva too.

Players who join us can't seem to get enough of being here and the atmosphere, the feeling that something special is happening the pull is all just too irresistible. When you look properly it's easy to see why with the club's long-term plan too you only have to look at CFG and the academy everything the club aspires to be, you're too defeatist in thinking any player Real or Barca want will just jump ship at the click of a finger when players coming through now dreamt of playing for us, many kids who are upto the ages of 22 played on playgrounds pretending to be the stars of our sides.

Our current players they've all got everything they could possibly want right here from the facilities to all the perks, Manchester is actually a great place to live in or close by in Cheshire for these players. When Aguero or Silva arrived I guarantee they both probably thought they wouldn't be here that long, they probably thought they'd be playing for either Barca or Real in just a few years like what many now say with Haaland. Yet after a couple years Kun and Dave didn't wanna be anywhere else and it might just be the very same feeling for Haaland and Alvarez, the players who come here generally wanna stay right here and that's because we're quite frankly the dogs bollox.

With what we're building here you'd have to be an absolute moron not to wanna be a part of a project like ours, yeah it's true a handful of big teams will always have that allure but I don't think enough people actually understand, that we've already become one of those massive teams with that allure! Kids around the world dream of playing for us and once players come here they don't move on to those other teams, not unless they get homesick as they honestly know how cushy they've got it here as a package...

More of our fans need to thoroughly understand, it's because we're absolutely fucking massive.

Yep. And we don't hear Rodri making noises about wanting to go back to Spain even though he is the best midfielder in Europe, certainly at DM anyway . This is what he said when he signed his last contract: "Joining City in 2019 is the best decision I have made in my career"

Long distance view of a few big buildings and a bridge with colored lights!! Sign me up!! HAHA!

Zoom in on the lights and here’s what you’ll see…

Either mutton dressed as lamb or 10lbs of lamb stuffed in a 5 lb lamb sack!

HAHAHA!

When people have to repeatedly laugh at their own post, IN CAPITALS, they’ve already lost the argument.

Last edited:
I disagree with every point you've made.

1. Why won't City continue to be a draw post Pep?

2. What's the big difference in weather between Manchester & London 200 miles away?

3. Who told you Manchester's an acquired taste, & players wouldn't choose it over Paris, London, Munich, Madrid or Barcelona?

Have you ever been to Manchester? Didn’t David Silva, Aguero, Laporte, Rodri & Haaland choose Manchester over Madrid?

Why the downer on Manchester mate? We've moved on from the industrial revolution days of scurvy & rickets.

View attachment 106103

We no longer live like this.

View attachment 106104

It's more like this.
Technically that's salford

I disagree with every point you've made.

1. Why won't City continue to be a draw post Pep?

2. What's the big difference in weather between Manchester & London 200 miles away?

3. Who told you Manchester's an acquired taste, & players wouldn't choose it over Paris, London, Munich, Madrid or Barcelona?

Have you ever been to Manchester? Didn’t David Silva, Aguero, Laporte, Rodri & Haaland choose Manchester over Madrid?

Why the downer on Manchester mate? We've moved on from the industrial revolution days of scurvy & rickets.

View attachment 106103

We no longer live like this.

View attachment 106104

It's more like this.
Nice but San Diego is better.

Tbf, we haven’t had too many players whom Real Madrid probably wanted! Barca, maybe!

That said, the lure of being in a perennial 2 horse race, living the high life in the sun, and keeping the Mrs happy are all ridiculously strong draws.

Yes, Pep is here now, but his contract is up in 1 year and unless he re-ups for another 1-2-3 yrs, City will not be the draw they are right now IF Real & Barca are seriously interested in a player.

The British weather, esp up north, the limited places to live, and even the lure of London are all impediments for some players.

Manchester is an acquired taste. Many top, top players simply would not want to acquire it, IF Paris, London, Madrid, Barcelona, and possibly even Munich are an integral part of the decision process.

Did you ever envisage the day would come on Bluemoon, when you'd have to defend the history & current standards of living in our great City of Manchester?

The mind boggles... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.