Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I only be basing it on the few chances he's had under Pep ? The rest of his time in football doesn't exist ?

His record is fantastic & has only dropped off since Pep stopped using him.

We are in the Champions League & we signed him. Now we are looking to get a buyback clause inserted in any possible deal because we don't want to miss out if he hecomes a star, which his career so far, suggests is a strong possibility.

I don't know why anyone would downrate Iheanacho on his career so far. If he was to maintain it, he would be amongst the best strikers ever.

I repeat...if that was the case he wouldn't be going to a mid table team would he?

I repeat...if that was the case he wouldn't be going to a mid table team would he?
He needs to play games, simple as that. Neville's suggestion should be simple enough to understand, Nacho has shown alot of promise in his positioning and goal scoring instincts, but needs to work on his close ball control (which pales in comparison to aguero and jesus).

Your suggestion that he can't be one of the best because he's going to a mid table team is very odd, many top prospects can't even make it to midtable teams because they aren't good enough. Look at Enes, he has a buyback at Villareal (who finished 5th, above midtable) because he has world class potential, like Nacho.

Another example is Real Madrid's Asensio, who went on loan to Espanyol, killed it, then Madrid brought him back.

MCFC Info‏ @MCFClnfo 30s30 seconds ago
Pep Guardiola had contacted Mbappe and Monaco, but the 18 year-old made it clear he only wanted a move to Real. [Marca]
If it's true, close the thread, let's move on. If some players don't want to come here, fine, there's plenty more that will. I for one can't be bothered hankering after players that don't want to come and play for us wholeheartedly. This unrequited love thing doesn't do it for me.

He's 20 years old, has barely played any consistent football in 4 years & City are demanding a buyback clause. Why the fuck would a 'top' club buy him now ?

Would we buy Mbappe even for as little as 20 mil, so he could fuck off back to Monaco in 2 years after we developed a need for him ?

Havr you ever seen any of the top clubs sign up to a deal like that ?

I'm not continuing this now because i'm hijacking the thread, but I'll leave you with Kelechi's international record: 5 goals & 2 assists in a bit over 500 mins. Strangely enough exactly the same kind of record as his City one (Aub has 18 in about 3500 mins Kelechi would have nearly 35 at the same rate).

He is an absolute top prospect & his current club & international record is superb.

He's 20 years old, has barely played any consistent football in 4 years & City are demanding a buyback clause. Why the fuck would a 'top' club buy him now ?

Would we buy Mbappe even for as little as 20 mil, so he could fuck off back to Monaco in 2 years after we developed a need for him ?

Havr you ever seen any of the top clubs sign up to a deal like that ?

I'm not continuing this now because i'm hijacking the thread, but I'll leave you with Kelechi's international record: 5 goals & 2 assists in a bit over 500 mins. Strangely enough exactly the same kind of record as his City one (Aub has 18 in about 3500 mins Kelechi would have nearly 35 at the same rate).

He is an absolute top prospect & his current club & international record is superb.

We'll agree to disagree because like you've said we've hijacked the thread. Let's see how he does at West ham (if he goes)

If it's true, close the thread, let's move on. If some players don't want to come here, fine, there's plenty more that will. I for one can't be bothered hankering after players that don't want to come and play for us wholeheartedly. This unrequited love thing doesn't do it for me.
It'sounds Marca ffs they do as real tell them.

We want 2 quality players per position. I suspect Roberts will be loaned out and Iheanacho sold. If we were to get all of our supposed targets (extremely unlikely), we could have for example:

Central striker - Aguero and Mbappe

Left sided attacker/winger - Sanchez and Sane

Right sided attacker/winger - Sterling and Jesus

2 creative players ahead of the DM/pivot - Gundogan, Silva x 2, KDB

DM/Pivot - Yaya and Fernandinho

RB - Walker and Fernandinho

LB - Mendy and Kolarov

CB - Stones, Otamendi, Kompany and Laporte

GK - Bravo and Ederson

Problem is that this leaves us with 18 foreign players by my reckoning. So in the unlikely event that we got all of those signings, we'd have to replace one of them with a HG player (most likely Kolarov or Bravo I would have thought) and it still doesn't allow us to bring in a new DM like Fabinho unless there is a decent HG one knocking about.

It rose better without Sanchez, only need Mbappe and that solves the foreign players, we could get rid and f Bravo also which would give us more flexibility for pivot signing next season

Would anyone be surprised really? I mean, it's Real Madrid; they take pleasure in world record signings, Ronaldo and Benzema are on the decline, the player he idolised is their manager and you're kidding yourself if you think he won't get the game time.
I find this hard to believe tbh, he's 18, he would have been 6 or 7 when Zidane retired.

I find this hard to believe tbh, he's 18, he would have been 6 or 7 when Zidane retired.

Possibly right but some players go beyond the era they play in. If they weren't countrymen I'd 100% agree however maybe Zidane was the first name he had on his French shirt, his first footballing memories may have been about Zidane winning the champions league at hampden or what have you.

When you win the World Cup that transcends a generation. I'm sure Maradona probably still inspires kids in Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.