Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this, there's not a chance Kolarov or Otamendi will cut it vs the CL teams. Not to mention with the rumors of possibly no DM signing, you're relying on likely either an ageing/past their prime Yaya or Fernandinho to cover your back in transition. Two players who've been relatively poor/inconsistent when it's come to the big occasion or vs an actual competitive midfield. I can't imagine what the Kroos's & Modric's of this world would do to those two. Talk about a big downgrade, coming from Vidal who'd dominate his midfield & single-handedly destroy opponents...

Then again, if you do sign Sánchez, him & Agüero probably only have 2-3 more years playing at this level. Mbappé would only be 20-21 by then. Have a potential once in a generation striker who by all means has all the tools to become a ballon d'or contender. Will have all eyes on him in the world cup where he's playing for a front-running France side. Beating the Real Madrid's of this world to him could potentially be a huge turn in football.

Not even remotely true. He got to semi's with Mangala and had shit fullbacks and a lazy Yaya to boot. I'm pretty sure Real had trouble scoring also so this just doesn't make sense. I suspect everyone will get their wish with Otamendi. Hope people are happy relying on Stones. I'm sure not.

What are you, a high school teacher trying to correct everyone's opinion?

To answer your question, it's Sam Lee's article that was linked, which says:

"Van Dijk has emerged as the top target for the central defensive position and City are ready to pay Southampton around £50m for his services. "

and then

"There are currently discussions ongoing behind the scenes which suggest the Van Dijk move could be delayed or even shelved if a move for long-time target and Pep Guardiola favourite Mbappe becomes possible.

The Blues made a late bid to sign the teenager towards the end of last summer's transfer window and are so keen to bring him to the club that they remain interested despite Monaco's massive asking price.

It is believed that City, in an ideal scenario, would wait a year to sign the 18-year-old, so they could use the money required - £110m or more - on strengthening other areas of the squad this summer."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...entre-back-target-but-move-could?ICID=HP_BN_2

This basically says Pep might end up getting neither the "top target van Dyke" nor "Mbappe" since the kid will probably stay in Monaco or go to Real Madrid because he's a fan of them and one of Liverpool/Chelsea might snatch him while Pep's waiting for Mbappe.

And that's not good since Pep himself said we would get a centreback this summer, and he said that because he obviously needs it.

Did you understand what I just described to you? Because you act like this all knowing prison guard/high priest and jump on anyone the moment anyone questions or criticizes Pep as if he's a god, although he's just a human and could f.k up and fail as he has failed before and will fail again in the future just like all humans will.

Nothing in this actually answered the question - what part of our transfer business to date makes you think we are going to be outmanouvered? I suppose it's easier to just complain about other people daring to ask you about the basis for your comments than actually answer those questions!

The article even says Pep has another defender lined up if VVD either goes elsewhere or the move is called off because of his injury. It also says we might get both Mbappé and Van Dijk, so to focus on the third option, we get neither, is quite bizarre to me.

Not even remotely true. He got to semi's with Mangala and had shit fullbacks and a lazy Yaya to boot. I'm pretty sure Real had trouble scoring also so this just doesn't make sense. I suspect everyone will get their wish with Otamendi. Hope people are happy relying on Stones. I'm sure not.
He's consistently been dragged through the mud this season vs pace, or physically imposing strikers. That CL run was also a completely opposing system in transition/without the ball. Pelle played way more cautious than Pep ever did this season, or ever will. You take Ota out of that conservative system or Valencia & it's a pretty different CB we're talking about here.

He's consistently been dragged through the mud this season vs pace, or physically imposing strikers. That CL run was also a completely opposing system in transition/without the ball. Pelle played way more cautious than Pep ever did this season, or ever will. You take Ota out of that conservative system or Valencia & it's a pretty different CB we're talking about here.

This still ignores the fact that you're relying on Stones. The guy that was dropped for a stretch for AK and then was second choice behind Nico when Vinnie was fit. Nico / Vinnie had a hell of a partnership brewing towards the end, did they not?

This still ignores the fact that you're relying on Stones. The guy that was dropped for a stretch for AK and then was second choice behind Nico when Vinnie was fit. Nico / Vinnie had a hell of a partnership brewing towards the end, did they not?
This scenario is all dependent on Kompany staying fit though...

I cannot fault your argument sire.

with or without Vinnie, I would still choose Ota ahead of Stones at the moment

People are forgetting that Stones was playing really well in 2017. It was only when he got injured and Kompany returned that Otamendi hit good form.

The thing is, everyone plays well with Kompany. Everyone looks twice the player when he's alongside them and Stones is the only one not to have that opportunity.

History would show that Stones would look great alongside Kompany as well and he's the player who needs to the most so that he can learn as much from him as possible while he's able to keep on playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.