Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch Mbappe and dream of Jadon Sancho having the same impact at City; I don't mean a straight comparison but in terms of a young talented, exciting prospect that is already at our club

Well, we'll never know until he's given his chance

Do you think a potential Mbappe deal will slow our other transfers down? If there is a chance of signing Mbappe then we have to investigate but surely it would use up transfer funds ear-marked for V V D or Sanchez? I'd imagine City know whether its achievable or not seeing as we have been or are in contact with Monaco and must have discussed the matter.

If I were Monaco I'd be content to hang on to him. They can compete for the Champions League and their domestic league if they keep him, and with the World Cup coming up in 2018, I think his value is likely to go up. I had thought that it would be the optimal time to sell him, as he would never have a season like this again, but having seen him again, I am convinced he is just going to get better and better.

If Real Madrid sign him this season what happens to Benzema, or Rodriguez? Id take Benzema.

Mbappe transfer might have a cascade effect on a whole load of clubs

Last edited:
Do you think a potential Mbappe deal will slow our other transfers down? If there is a chance of signing Mbappe then we have to investigate but surely it would use up transfer funds ear-marked for V V D or Sanchez? I'd imagine City know whether its achievable or not seeing as we have been or are in contact with Monaco and must have discussed the matter.

If I were Monaco I'd be content to hang on to him. They can compete for the Champions League and their domestic league if they keep him, and with the World Cup coming up in 2018, I think his value is likely to go up. I had thought that it would be the optimal time to sell him, as he would never have a season like this again, but having seen him again, I am convinced he is just going to get better and better.

If Real Madrid sign him this season what happens to Benzema, or Rodriguez? Id take Benzema.

Not sure about FFP rules but could city spend £300m net this summer stocking up on players and not spend anything next summer?

Bernardo Silva- £43.6m
Ederson- £34.7m
Walker- £45m
Mendy- £50m
Mbappe- £120m
Sanchez- £50m
Bertrand- £30m
VVD/Bonucci- £50m

£380m minus £60-80m minimum sales of Nasri, Bony, Hart, Mangala, Roberts, Unal, Mooy, Delph/Fernando

£300m net spend over 2 seasons is more than enough

If next summer we need to address centre mid then a player is sold to balance the books

Is this not possible?

I presume we will find out soon if the auction is happening or not.

What I would expect if it does happen, is the auction to go on all summer & then him to sign for Real Madrid. Especially is we sign Sanchez. He will look at our squad & think he's on the bench half the season & he'd be right.

There is an obvious place for him at Real.

I hope it gets done quickly either way or we have to keep 130 mil in the bank waiting.

What I would expect if it does happen, is the auction to go on all summer & then him to sign for Real Madrid. Especially is we sign Sanchez. He will look at our squad & think he's on the bench half the season & he'd be right.

I hope it gets done quickly either way or we have to keep 130 mil in the bank waiting.
If we get Sanchez, then the one advantage we have is we are the club in the best position to offer him to stay at Monaco, possibly with some kind of pre contract similar to what we did with Jesus, and he comes next summer maybe replacing Aguero.

If we get Sanchez, then the one advantage we have is we are the club in the best position to offer him to stay at Monaco, possibly with some kind of pre contract similar to what we did with Jesus, and he comes next summer maybe replacing Aguero.
Hard to imagine any club paying 100m+ pounds for a player and not bringing him aboard immediately.

I reckon our chance of signing him would be to arrange a deal with Monaco to buy him in 12 months. That way he gets to play every single game which is important for the World Cup, Monaco get to keep him and get a much higher price than they would if he leaves next summer without signing an extension.

On our side, we lock him down and have a year to work out who has to go to accommodate him.

The Real situation is complicated by the Benzema-Ronaldo connection. Benzema will always start for Real because he gets much more out of Ronaldo than anyone else.

If Mbappe and his family told Monaco he was leaving this year, then City will be there bidding until the end with Madrid. I think thats why you hear so much about us selling players to fund the summer. Many may be sad to see Roberts, Iheanacho etc be permanently sold, but we need the $ incase Mbappe and Sanchez are both there to be had. I don't think City have ruled out signing them both if they are able.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.