Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
If both are avail, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be dependent on a sale to generate the £

I'm not sure how people are arriving at this conclusion. If we sign 3 or 4 fullbacks at the kind of prices mooted, then where is the extra 170 mil for Mbappe & Sanchez coming from ?

People have been chucking figures around for this huge spend but was our profit not fairly low after last season's outlay ? How can we suddenly afford to spend 100 million more, without selling ?

I'm not sure how people are arriving at this conclusion. If we sign 3 or 4 fullbacks at the kind of prices mooted, then where is the extra 170 mil for Mbappe & Sanchez coming from ?

People have been chucking figures around for this huge spend but was our profit not fairly low after last season's outlay ? How can we suddenly afford to spend 100 million more, without selling ?

Lose change behind the couch :). Selling Roberts and Nacho would only produce pennies when we would need pounds.

I'm sure the bean counters at City could manipulate to accommodate

Lose change behind the couch :). Selling Roberts and Nacho would only produce pennies when we would need pounds.

I'm sure the bean counters at City could manipulate to accommodate

It's been said on here for some time now 'we're going to spend 300 mil' but it must surely be dependant on gettting in decent money for all the Harts & Nasris etc.

Otherwise our financial situation has gone through the roof since last season & the next set of books must be absolutely jaw dropping.

It would effectively mean we have generated 300 million to spare.

It's been said on here for some time now 'we're going to spend 300 mil' but it must surely be dependant on gettting in decent money for all the Harts & Nasris etc.

Otherwise our financial situation has gone through the roof since last season & the next set of books must be absolutely jaw dropping.

Guess it all depends on how it is accounted for and armortisation
or it came from the Pie price increases :)

We have freed up a huge amount in wages and new signings will be put on 5 year deals so whilst £300m is a lot of cash - it can be done but will restrict our spending in future years.

That's not how it works though. It's spread over the life of the contract. A guy signed for £40m on a 5 year deal is accounted for at £8m per year. £8m, not £40m. Our profit doesn't need to be £300m to buy £300m of players.

That's not how it works though. It's spread over the life of the contract. A guy signed for £40m on a 5 year deal is accounted for at £8m per year. £8m, not £40m. Our profit doesn't need to be £300m to buy £300m of players.

Well if that is the case, have we not just done that last season, with the 190 mil or whatever it was, & would now be putting another 300 mil on top of it, when our profit last season was about £20 mil ?

We have moved Sagna, Zabba, Clichy, Willy, but we have Hart, Nasri, Mangala,Bony, all currently coming back on the wage bill, as well as Nolito, Fernando, Delph etc.

I don't see how we can spend this, without recouping money & I suspect that's why we are hearing rumours about Iheanacho etc.

Yep and I think sales all count in the current year, so the £10m for Mooy would mean the first year of a £50m player on a five year deal (ignoring wages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.