Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still torn about signing him. Three reasons - Obscene amount of money, Great talent but half a season under his belt and frankly, do we REALLY need him? I think we have great attacking options and i'd genuinely like seeing Diaz and Foden more this season and I don't know if it'll happen if he joins us.

Reason i'm torn is, well, he's fucking amazing.

YES we need him, we can't wait until Sergio is past his best, we need someone in now a year earlier so they've time to settle.
Everyone has been moaning about the cost of fullbacks but we've had to pay top prices because everyone knew we were desperate for them, once Sergio starts waning then a decent striker will be extortionate never mind a top class one. Get him in now and worry about Sergio's reaction after.

Mbappe is a year and a half older than Foden, and 9 months older than Brahim. The reason we are now possibly looking at paying well over £100 for Mbappe is that 18 months ago while he was still growing his pubes Monaco were willing to give him a some game time and last season made him a core part of their team.

True, but Monaco is not shopping at main street nor they fans expect them to win each trophy. I've seen more than few blues pretty angry we haven't won anything last year and some even doubting Pep as a top manager.

We'll never give our own youth as much chances as those kind of clubs, we'll always look to get finished and tested products first unless we have absolute gems. Because we want trophies NOW and because managers have huge pressure on their back to deliver them. What Pep is currently doing with getting our team younger is already brave as fuck, lot of guys would play Aguero until he can walk. Just like they did with Zab. Foden and Diaz might be gems but Foden won't get any significant time at club like City being barely 17 years old. Nor he should even if he was twice talent of Messi. You don't want to burn your gem at that age on this level. The pressure is high for seasoned professionals, let alone for a kid.

I stand corrected for Diaz as I thought he is younger. He could get some games this season though some loan, I'd rather PL than Spain or Eredivisie, would be better for him.

Last edited:
Is this on though Ric? Assume we could only afford one of Sanchez or Mbappe, But can't see how we can get both, unless Aguero was off?

I think there's no chance that we could get both. Getting just one of them would be a huge bonus for the season ahead.

when pep realized he could sign mbappe alexis became plan b....plans change all the time

would you honestly take a 29 year old over an 18 year old that has the potential to give you 10-12 years of similar production he put up at monaco?
I would take signing the best player (or at least top three) in the league over a guy whose played less than 50 games in france for a quarter of the price.
The club pretty much has to win the league this season after the past three poor ones and signing someone like Sanchez who is pretty much a no risk signing would go a long way to securing that title. The club needs instant success now so im not bothered about Sanchez age we would get two or three seasons out him. We have Sane and Jesus who are very young are gonna be superstars anyway. I think anything over a 100 million for Mbappe no matter how much is potential is utter madness even in todays market.

mbappe is also a statement signing, real and barca do it every few years i dont see why we shouldnt be doing it either

whoever get him will make it back in shirt sales for gods sake
Forget the statement aspect.

Everything flows from the football. I thiught he was spectacular last season. How many times do you need to see him before you're convinced. technique and pace like has, all the skills that he had on display against City and the other teams last season don't just vanish overnight. Our eyes weren't deceiving us.

I don't understand why there are quite a few fans saying "Oh it's too much". Would they say that about messi. This make more sense because of his age. Anyway, what we think is irrelevant. We'll get a barrage of abuse from other clubs but bring it on. I'd love to go into the Derby and Chelsea matches etc with him in the side.

Not interested in Sanchez. He's on a level with what we have. Mbappe on the other hand is a player who can bridge the gap. he's the type of player that teams like bayern, Real Madrid and barca have that in the big games win you matches. But we don't want him because he's too expensive? It's not our money is it. If City think they can spend £100m plus, and make it nack in spades then do it, and don't worry about it.

FFS, Diaz and Foden are 17, they probably still growing their pubic hairs. If you see them in cup game or two this season, you should be happy.

jim.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.