Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP isn't an issue. We can afford him. We're going to end up bringing in 100 million or so in sales. We can have a net spend of 250/300 million. Amortised it works out at around 50/60 million per season in costs over the next five or so years. But because of the age profile of players we've bought the likelihood is that our spend would drop dramatically in the next few seasons anyway.

In terms of the transfer itself. Remained cautiously optimistic at best for the last couple of months. But this morning i find myself believing more and more that we can pull this off in the next two weeks.

Sounds good Billy cheers :)

What about Alexis u still confident on him coming?

Effectively you are suggesting that we would deliberately breach FFP rules if we bought our targets - do you think the money men at City don't have a scooby?
I am not saying we would deliberately fail FFP. No one knows how complicated future transfers and fees play out.

We have already failed FFP once and been punished, that was not clever. Maybe Uefa changed the rules? maybe we overspent?
(Didn't Txiki and Sorano have a firm that had some financial problems before they came to City?)

I don't think they would deliberately mess up but Pep is probably pushing hard for the best players and if both Sanchez and Mbappe become available maybe we wont be able to balance the books from player sales? @waspish is saying we can spend £500m with FFP and @BimboBob is saying I am an idiot for saying we might buy Sanchez and Mbappe.

I love the club and don't want us to mess up and all humans mess up sometimes!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.