Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all know UEFA are bent as a 9 bob note, but I do not think they are so bent as to have rules and to completely ignore them, or to make up new interpretations which are completely arbitrary and unjustifiable. They need to have at least semblance of credibility.

Personally I think it very unlikely that PSG have broken or will break any of the rules. I would imagine they have a planned revenue stream that (in conjunction with the allowed 3-year losses of €90m) supports their spending. Neymar will doubtless bring new sponsorship opportunities and revenues, for example.

I thought it was €30million rather than €90million?

Depends how you look at it. We could potentially be tying up our goals for the next decade with mbappe and Jesus, for me the market is only gonna get worse as well. Next years mbappe will probably break the Neymar record, so like I said earlier, I feel our owners are at a crossroads moment, they're facing having to decide quite simply if they want the top talent at the club or not, if it's the latter then fair dos, its their money and I wouldn't blame them, we've had a blast while it lasted but we won't be sat at the top table for too much longer.
How can you say that? Utter nonsense.

I thought it was €30million rather than €90million?
Sorry. yes, you're right. I've not looked at the rules for a while and the UEFA website misleadingly says,

"€30m for assessment periods 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18". It might have been helpful if they had added the word, "combined"!

The "monitoring period" as they call it is a 3-year rolling period over which the cumulative losses must not exceed €30m.

We don't need him, we have enough goals in the team

Last season we had so many chances in big games that were not put away. Pep said himself we need something more, Aguero scored 20 goals in the League, then our next highest scorer was Sterling and Jesus with 7..Not good enough, Jesus obviously will play a full season this year but our attacking players are getting 5/6/7 goals between them. Not saying Mbappe would score 30 a season but to say we have enough goals I think is just false. Can create all the chances in the world but if we don't finish then we wont win.

As a team we just need to be clinical, often last season it takes us 3/4 chances to score 1.

We'll do well, but Mbappe is a special player who would put us into CL contention. I am not sure about Aguero. I am hopeful he will have a good season in a very attacking team, but not sure he is as good as he was.

I'm not sure he isn't ;-)

He might be half a yard slower, but his footballing brain looks even better to me. His runs and finding space and his ball control are all still phenomenal. He's always had periods where he's wasteful in front of goal, but he creates more chances for himself than anyone we've ever had. The only issue is, how much will Pep play him?

We're in a no lose situation with regards to Mbappe.

He comes - Great.
He stays at Monaco - We get to see how he does in a weaker team over the course of a season, rather than a good team over 6 months.
He goes to PSG - FFP is dead, and we do what we want in the future, (they won't get banned even if the buy Mbappe, because Neymar means so much marketing wise, so we automatically know we can budget more in this or future windows).

This is basically why I'm pretty chill about the whole thing.

Which part, care to explain a bit further?[/QUOTE

I feel our owners are at a crossroads moment, they're facing having to decide quite simply if they want the top talent at the club or not, if it's the latter then fair dos, its their money and I wouldn't blame them, we've had a blast while it lasted but we won't be sat at the top table for too much longer.

1. We've never quite attracted the very top players e.g. Messi but we've tried and am sure will continue to try if the player is right
2. Not sat at the top table? We've spent £200m signing the most sought after left back, a top keeper, Bernardo Silva for starters with more players likely to join.
We've got arguably the top coach in world football.
3. Maybe we don't want to be smashing
the transfer record each year we leave that to Madrid and the expert Woodward.

I don't see our owners being diverted from their vision of plans for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.