Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm. I'm not so sure.

There's only 2 tier one clubs in the world where money doesn't matter, us and PSG. And you could argue only one, since unlike PSG, we do actually try to run a sustainable business model which delivers profits, even if we have a bottomless pot of cash to support it.

And neither us nor PSG can go on blowing £200m+ every year and stay in line with the rules. We'd get banned, pure and simple.

None of the other clubs relish the prospect of a huge jump in transfer fees, nor have a huge jump in revenues to support vastly higher spending. So I do not see an inexorable increase in transfer fees happening. This year may well be a high watermark for quite some time.

The other big clubs will definitely be monitoring how the Neymar deal pans out commercially. If he demonstrably generates shed loads of commercial revenue then there could be a step change in the valuation of the very best players. If the deal is a flop then transfer fees will re-adjust to a "normal" level.

Monaco are not in the title race anymore, their squad is being torn to pieces. Fabinho is reportedly off to AtMd in Jan, Lemar will soon find a new club as well, Sidibe is too good to stay. They'll sell to the highest bidder.
To get Mbappe, we need to to outbid PSG which doesn't see
m realistic.
You forgot about Fabiano

It had nothing to do with Blatter and very little to do with Platini.

It was simply the G14 cartel and their owners, frightened at the prospect of spiralling transfer fees and them not being able to compete financially, and the prospect of losing vital CL revenues to newcomers. The whole plan was about stopping this happening, and the "this" was City. PSG came along after.

I don't doubt for one moment that the evil shite Gill is absolutely behind it.
They suppoted it and ratified it didnt they?

I still think Monaco would prefer to sell to us than PSG, but if reports that PSG have offered over €150m for Mbappe are true then I can't see us competing with that.

I still think Monaco would prefer to sell to us than PSG, but if reports that PSG have offered over €150m for Mbappe are true then I can't see us competing with that.

Id agree nearly every time but i honestly think our board/owner will back and give Pep whatever he wants.

What's our transfer record so far, £60m ish?

No, I can't see us more than doubling it (on the back of £200m spend this season already) either.

Id agree nearly every time but i honestly think our board/owner will back and give Pep whatever he wants.

Even if true, do we know this is what Pep wants?

I think we know he wants a proven, clinical goalscorer who will convert the umpteen chances we create every game. Is that Mbappe?

Even if true, do we know this is what Pep wants?

I think we know he wants a proven, clinical goalscorer who will convert the umpteen chances we create every game. Is that Mbappe?

We dont do anything in the public eye anymore so can only go off reports that he is in love with the player mate.

Same goes with sanchez tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.