Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Lukaku is 90 mil, if we want Mbappe, we'll have to cough up.

Sadly that's it in a nutshell. The transfer fees for the likes of Lukaku, Pogba and Neymar's release clause have changed the game. If we want to stay at the top table then we're going to get better at finding talent before their fees sky rocket or pay the fee. Look at the fees quoted for Coutinho and Dembele, Barca might have £200m burning a hole in their pockets but the fees for those two shows where the bar is.

Sadly that's it in a nutshell. The transfer fees for the likes of Lukaku, Pogba and Neymar's release clause have changed the game. If we want to stay at the top table then we're going to get better at finding talent before their fees sky rocket or pay the fee. Look at the fees quoted for Coutinho and Dembele, Barca might have £200m burning a hole in their pockets but the fees for those two shows where the bar is.

I keep having to argue with people about the academy situation, & apart from the fact I'm a strong believer in it being good for teams to have homegrown players, there is, imo, a very decent chance that someone will say 'enough is enough' regarding the spiralling transfer spending situation just change the rules to stop it.

There is also the threat from the Little Englanders following Brexit, & they might seek to cut down the numbers of non UK players.

We need to be working on being top of the pile, finding & producing players imo, as a matter of priority.

I know we are trying to get the very best players which probably means Pep´s player needs but as has been posted earlier today we are also demonstrating to the football world that our owner can run the business profitably and consistently so.

Irrespective of FFP regs does anyone really think our owner would condone overspend ie abandon profit, just to compete for the signing of any player ?

So what happens IF.

Monaco just straight refuse to sell to PSG. No matter what the bid they just refuse to negotiate with PSG.
Madrid say they aren't in for him. Based on what was said last night, not selling Bale this window?
Monaco want to sell..We'd be the only ones realistically willing to pay over 100m.

Would we be able to lower the price. All becomes very interesting.

Pep and Mbappe have met twice since the season ended so he can be sold a vision of why coming to City is perfect for him.

Seems insane we're doing that then telling the manager "nah sorry can't afford him".

I know we are trying to get the very best players which probably means Pep´s player needs but as has been posted earlier today we are also demonstrating to the football world that our owner can run the business profitably and consistently so.

Irrespective of FFP regs does anyone really think our owner would condone overspend ie abandon profit, just to compete for the signing of any player ?
We'd still make a profit even with M'bappe.

Pep and Mbappe have met twice since the season ended so he can be sold a vision of why coming to City is perfect for him.

Seems insane we're doing that then telling the manager "nah sorry can't afford him".

Indeed.

I don't think either City or PSG would do that.

It is just suicide. They would make an example of us, for daring to challenge the 'elite' & even if we won a court case about it, the time taken to do so, would leave us miles behind our rivals, worldwide.

If we do this, it will have to be fully compliant, as will PSG.

I keep having to argue with people about the academy situation, & apart from the fact I'm a strong believer in it being good for teams to have homegrown players, there is, imo, a very decent chance that someone will say 'enough is enough' regarding the spiralling transfer spending situation just change the rules to stop it.

There is also the threat from the Little Englanders following Brexit, & they might seek to cut down the numbers of non UK players.

We need to be working on being top of the pile, finding & producing players imo, as a matter of priority.
I agree. We are going to see a lot more financial regulation heading football's way in the very near future.

Regarding the PSG bid, I don't see how it can be viable. If it is genuine then Mbappe's agent should do his job. I'd be a little concerned right now if I was Neymar, or a PSG fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.