Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's hardly a proven goal scorer. We already have one wunderkind. Do we need Another? There must be a mobile striker (like Lewandowski) somewhere that won't cost this amount. Sorry, don't know who, though.

Pep and Mbappe have met twice since the season ended so he can be sold a vision of why coming to City is perfect for him.

Seems insane we're doing that then telling the manager "nah sorry can't afford him".
I am sure Guardiola knows the framework we are operating in.

Oh don't get me wrong. Right now publicly at at least that's what is happening. There's a reason the British press won't touch Mbappe to City. City have killed it dead by saying there's zero chance of us paying what Monaco want.

Frankly in the 9 years they've been in charge this is the first time I'm bitterly disappointed in Abu Dhabi's attitude to a transfer. Being nice trying to play fair is fucking pointless when you're relentlessly being called out for being huge spenders. The idea we aren't doing the deal due to FFP is false. It's the apparent principle of paying a fee that size. Go figure.

He's hardly a proven goal scorer. We already have one wunderkind. Do we need Another? There must be a mobile striker (like Lewandowski) somewhere that won't cost this amount. Sorry, don't know who, though.

We don't need Mbappe, we just want to have another of the world's best young players at the club & that transcends simple squad building.

We could have the 3 best young players, playing in europe, in the same team.

Oh don't get me wrong. Right now publicly at at least that's what is happening. There's a reason the British press won't touch Mbappe to City. City have killed it dead by saying there's zero chance of us paying what Monaco want.

Frankly in the 9 years they've been in charge this is the first time I'm bitterly disappointed in Abu Dhabi's attitude to a transfer. Being nice trying to play fair is fucking pointless when you're relentlessly being called out for being huge spenders. The idea we aren't doing the deal due to FFP is false. It's the apparent principle of paying a fee that size. Go figure.

If they don't think he's worth it, fair enough.

We've been in for Mbappe for ages and all along it's been known that the fee was going to be £100m plus, but there is absolutely no point going beyond the point when a bid puts us at risk

PSG havent just opened that door with the Neymar transfer, they have blown it off its hinges and now more than ever, we should just get on with whatever business we want too.

So what happens IF.

Monaco just straight refuse to sell to PSG. No matter what the bid they just refuse to negotiate with PSG.
Madrid say they aren't in for him. Based on what was said last night, not selling Bale this window?
Monaco want to sell..We'd be the only ones realistically willing to pay over 100m.

Would we be able to lower the price. All becomes very interesting.

If PSG are willing to pay £150m you can be sure Monaco will sell to PSG

Unless of course another team meets that cost which I doubt any will

PSG havent just opened that door with the Neymar transfer, they have blown it off its hinges and now more than ever, we should just get on with whatever business we want too.
Absolutely. I don't think City could possibly have been more tenacious in the transfer market this Summer but there are limits as we should know by now.

We would surely have a figure which we don't exceed.

If Mbappe is within the amount we are willing to pay, then sign him. If he isn't, don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.