Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only because we did it. United paid 32 million for Shaw which in today's market is easily 50 + million. Nobody batted an eyelid and of course everyone congratulated United on buying one of the most promising full backs in the country.

Your overall point is bang on too. Read a few opposition supporters laughing at the notion of 50 million pound full backs. Watch your team play against parked buses every week, see how much space the full backs get, then tell me they're not INTEGRAL to any team with any aspirations to win the PL title.
Correct, it's the new saying amongst the arse licking agenda crew. Forget United signed two wank players for 200 million, it's fffff 50 million for a full back. Makes me piss deep down!

Funny how we have to hope for exactly this in connection with Alexis Sanchez, but with Mbappe we have to hope that Monaco behaves like Arsenal and refuse to sell to a domestic competitor and instead sell cheaper to a foreign club. One would think one of the 2 deals will come off, if logic plays any role :-)
Let's hope and pray. Monaco would be stupid to arm their direct rival. Logical
If Macbeth have little sense , city is his best choice but if he is wants to be a big fish in a tinny tiny pond with loads of cash for his dad then I have no regrets if he doesn't sign with us.

We left number 9 free surely the only reason we would leave it vacant is if we were expecting someone to fill it. I'm sure gabby Jesus would love to have it now that nolito has moved on.

We left number 9 free surely the only reason we would leave it vacant is if we were expecting someone to fill it. I'm sure gabby Jesus would love to have it now that nolito has moved on.

Jesus has 33 for a reason. He ain't gonna change his number.

Jesus has 33 for a reason. He ain't gonna change his number.
Yeah cause it age Jesus died but his number for Brazil is 9 and when he picked 33 throughout his career he didn't have a choice of 9 or 10, pretty sure he said his favourite player is the proper ronaldo who worn 9, most strikers want the number 9 or 10 shirts

Yeah cause it age Jesus died but his number for Brazil is 9 and when he picked 33 throughout his career he didn't have a choice of 9 or 10, pretty sure he said his favourite player is the proper ronaldo who worn 9, most strikers want the number 9 or 10 shirts

He'll stick with 33 throughout his career at club level.

You can't have 33 in international competitions though, and the Brazil 9 shirt is the kind of thing that doubles the value of your image rights.

I think he'll keep 33 for us for quite a while.

That's true we will need a replacement sooner or later but that's 2 years off... there is not just one scenario that can happen, I know what people are fearing: Mbappé goes from strength to strength and starts looking every bit like a future Ballon D' Or contender in that time and nobody else emerges or prices continue to rise and we can't afford a player that does emerge.

As Pep alluded to in his latest conference it simply can't keep rising at the rate it's doing something will have to give... the adage that players are only worth what clubs are willing to pay works both ways(clubs will start talking themselves out of deals sooner or later asking too much... if Real Madrid are spitting their coffee out at what's being asked I think we need to take notice). If we miss out on Mbappé I think we will be fine personally, we can take it easier next summer on our spending and save up for a splurge(unless we unearth a gem or an academy player really steps up) when Aguero does leave.

Solid post and I think we're basically on the same page but just have different stances moving forward. I guess I'd say this whacky market is hugely beneficial to our club specifically so why not just embrace it? We aren't shedding the money club image.

Solid post and I think we're basically on the same page but just have different stances moving forward. I guess I'd say this whacky market is hugely beneficial to our club specifically so why not just embrace it? We aren't shedding the money club image.
Bloody not benefiting us when we're trying to sell though annoyingly. :)

I fear that we will look back on this the same way as Hazard. If we can pay €150m whilst keeping within the confines of FFP then we should just get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.