Kylian Mbappe

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by domalino, 31 Aug 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyShears

BillyShears

But it's part of a process of regeneration of the squad. So whether we spend the money this summer or next summer we have to spend it. We've lost Kelechi, Navas, Nolito, and only brought in Silva and Guardiola sees him more as someone who'll play in the KDB/Silva roles.

I'd understand if we were talking about Sanchez's fee, but we're talking about a lad who's 18. It's also worth noting what Pep said today about Dani Alves when he was asked about the Neymar deal.

2. All this talk and money and the little scally wag is only 18. Anyone remember Anthony Marital.........

3. goalmole

goalmole

Faster the headwind blows, higher the eagle soars
    It ain't your money but then you ain't making the decision. Those who are spending it will have to think hard about how to finance it and indeed, whether he's worth it.. However I do agree with the rest of your sentiments.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. J_MCFC21

J_MCFC21

You think thats to try and convince City to spend on Mbappe? he's spent crazy money before and its worked because of how Alves turned out for Barca.

5. BillyShears

BillyShears

Not really. I think it's more a general point that transfers which look 'crazy' can often turn out to be fantastic value. When we bought Yaya people literally had heart attacks because were spending the equivalent in today's market of probably 50/60 million on what they deemed a DM.

6. Barcon

Barcon

I hadn't even heard of martial before the scum signed him.
    Isn't that why we call him whatsisname?

7. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

To be fair to Martial, he looks a good player. There have been a few young and talented players who have gone astray and not prospered under PEG though, so I think it is unfair to judge him on last season.

Considering how the transfer market is at present, I would have him for 50 million. He is one player I reckon it would be worth a gamble on.

8. york away to this!

york away to this!

Right. I'm off out for dinner. This better be done by the time I get back...

9. domalino

domalino

It's funny how defensive midfielders and fullbacks are not credited with the importance they actually have.

Pundits have no problem saying how Moses and Alonso were cornerstones of Chelsea's win or how Walker and Rose are what Spurs team was based around.

They don't mind pointing out how the CL final was won in large part because Marcelo got the better of Alves.

They'll happily point to Navas and Clichy as the reason we're going so badly.

But god forbid anyone spend £50m on one.

The same was true of defensive mids in 2010. People were talking about how disastrous is was for Arsenal that they hadn't replaced Vieira and then move on to "in other news Manchester City have paid a disgusting amount for a defensive midfielder!"

10. BillyShears

BillyShears

It's only because we did it. United paid 32 million for Shaw which in today's market is easily 50 + million. Nobody batted an eyelid and of course everyone congratulated United on buying one of the most promising full backs in the country.

Your overall point is bang on too. Read a few opposition supporters laughing at the notion of 50 million pound full backs. Watch your team play against parked buses every week, see how much space the full backs get, then tell me they're not INTEGRAL to any team with any aspirations to win the PL title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.