Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jardim said today that Mbappe was left out to protect him rather than punishment.

Also - "If another newspaper offers you 15 x your salary you type less well on your computer..."

Also taken from the MEN piece on Mbappe..the PSG sporting director said -

“Mbappé is very complicated. On Sunday he did not play, but the PSG now with Neymar should look for outgoings like Jese, Ben Arfa, Aurier, Matuidi, Krychowiak…they have to leave to give us options to sign."

also said - “Cavani-Neymar-Mbappé? With that you win the Champions League!" and about how Mbappe needs to make the right choice taking the WC into consideration.

Looks like its far from over.

Also taken from the MEN piece on Mbappe..the PSG sporting director said -

“Mbappé is very complicated. On Sunday he did not play, but the PSG now with Neymar should look for outgoings like Jese, Ben Arfa, Aurier, Matuidi, Krychowiak…they have to leave to give us options to sign."

also said - “Cavani-Neymar-Mbappé? With that you win the Champions League!" and about how Mbappe needs to make the right choice taking the WC into consideration.

Looks like its far from over.
Yup - it's far from a done deal. The bookmakers seem to think that Mbappe is most likely to stay at Monaco. That seems off to me - as Mbappe wanted to stay, supposedly, only if Monaco wasn't so weakened that they could no longer challenge for the title - Monaco has weakened and PSG has improved tremendously. I think that Mbappe will end up at PSG.

Yup - it's far from a done deal. The bookmakers seem to think that Mbappe is most likely to stay at Monaco. That seems off to me - as Mbappe wanted to stay, supposedly, only if Monaco wasn't so weakened that they could no longer challenge for the title - Monaco has weakened and PSG has improved tremendously. I think that Mbappe will end up at PSG.

i still think its between us and real for him, i just dont see monaco sending him to PSG or PSG affording him... PSG for mbappe is a lateral move, not a step up imo, the league is shit and its basically a one team league, what is the attraction for him. At city he works with pep and some of the best young players in the world

i still think its between us and real for him, i just dont see monaco sending him to PSG or PSG affording him... PSG for mbappe is a lateral move, not a step up imo, the league is shit and its basically a one team league, what is the attraction for him. At city he works with pep and some of the best young players in the world
But that would mean us paying over £150m on one player and I don't see us going anywhere near that figure.

But that would mean us paying over £150m on one player and I don't see us going anywhere near that figure.

personally i think monaco screwed the pooch on this one, they were expecting a bidding war and have gotten nothing like that, real cant splash the cash on him unless they sell bale or benzema, which i dont think they will do. PSG can offer the cash but unless they are willing to approach 180-200 million for him i dont think monaco sell him to them. That leaves us or he stays at monaco. If he shits the bed with a far less superior team then last year his value drops further. I think monaco want to sell him now, and rumors are he has his heart on us, real, or to stay at monaco. I think an offer of 90-100 million would get it done and it would be wise of us to consider it. If he lives up to his potential we will have a superstar above the likes of aguero in a few years time. Something we havent been able to attract yet. The years of dominance by real and barca for the best players in the world is over

Monaco are massively resistant to selling to PSG. However they know that PSG are probably the nearest in terms of valuation to what they want. Madrid are more or less out this summer. They won't sign him. With City it's anyone's guess. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we signed him tomorrow for 150 million, and equally wouldn't surprise me in the least if we took the easy way out and started briefing that he's too expensive.

Monaco are massively resistant to selling to PSG. However they know that PSG are probably the nearest in terms of valuation to what they want. Madrid are more or less out this summer. They won't sign him. With City it's anyone's guess. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we signed him tomorrow for 150 million, and equally wouldn't surprise me in the least if we took the easy way out and started briefing that he's too expensive.

That's it for me in a nutshell mate, it's a wait and see what happens scenario because anything can literally happen on this transfer speculation. What we do know is that it's going to be expensive for whoever buys him.

Do you believe its purely down to economics? The only stumbling block? If we stumped that amount up,do you think he'd be ours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.