Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monaco are massively resistant to selling to PSG. However they know that PSG are probably the nearest in terms of valuation to what they want. Madrid are more or less out this summer. They won't sign him. With City it's anyone's guess. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we signed him tomorrow for 150 million, and equally wouldn't surprise me in the least if we took the easy way out and started briefing that he's too expensive.

think we'll put in a 90-100m bid with an extensive array of add-ons to take it to 150m range, that's as far as I think we'll go

Yeah. Pep wants him. He's met him twice and done an incredible job of getting the kid to see the vision of joining City. However the reality is that's only half the job. Now it's up to the money men on the board to decide Mbappe's 'value'. That's the stumbling block right now. My understanding is that City feel it's wrong that the price has gone from 120 million in June to 180 in August with not a football kicked from Mbappe. Hence they're balking.
Cheers,the balking and caution is understandable.

Monaco are massively resistant to selling to PSG. However they know that PSG are probably the nearest in terms of valuation to what they want. Madrid are more or less out this summer. They won't sign him. With City it's anyone's guess. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we signed him tomorrow for 150 million, and equally wouldn't surprise me in the least if we took the easy way out and started briefing that he's too expensive.
I read on transfermarkt.de today that PSG has been "warned" by UEFA that they will scrutinized very closely FFP-wise if they move for Mbappe. Transfermarkt.de quotes L'Equipe for this. Further transfermarkt.de wrote that as a consequence PSG is pulling back from the Mbappe transfer, at least for this summer. Not sure if this is believable, but combined with the stories of PSG looking to sell several players to generate income for Mbappe, it looks to me like they are having difficulties financing the deal within the legal framework of FFP. They still have 2 weeks off course. Monaco is in a shitty situation it would seem, because there is only PSG willing to meet the valuation of Mbappe, and they are having serious trouble getting a deal put together, and at the same time Mbappe seems to really want to leave this summer. My totally unqualified guess would be that if PSG fails to get the money together, Monaco will have to accept a lower fee from City. Here's hoping.

The attraction for Mbappe to join PSG as opposed to RM is that starting for RM - as talented as he is - might prove problematic - if Mbappe gets off to a slow start, how long before he's on the bench at RM?

OtOH - starting at PSG is a given. Moreover, the league is known to him so he'll be in a comfort zone and he'll be playing in his home country.

As this is the year before the WC, starting regularly at PSG would be extremely enticing to Mbappe.
==========
PSG seem to be completely ignoring FFP - and more power to them for this. They can absolutely afford to buy Mbappe - only stopped, potentially by the so-called FFP.
==========
Long term though - I think Mbappe ends up at RM in 3 years time. PSG are building around Neymar - should Mbappe prove to be as talented as his potential suggests - he'll want a team build around him. 3 years from now, Ronaldo will be in decline at RM if not already traded - and at that time Mbappe could be the world's most in-demand talent.

I agree that right now madrid is not an option for him, but maybe he still wants the move. They can not afford to spend 180 million on him after spending 220 million on neymar. That is almost half a billion dollars on two players.

Seems to me that Monaco a wrapping him in cotton wool atm. I'm sure they're rescind on him leaving this window.

Pep has said that he feels there's something missing upfront. This is why I think they'll go all out to sign him.

Pep's desperate for a new forward and rightly so. All those people who keep saying we don't need one are the same people who think having 4 CB's for 2 positions isn't enough because we've only got 1 Vinny. Yet in the forward line we've got literally 4 players for 3 positions. And before anyone says "ah but KDB or Bernardo Silva can play in the forward three". Sure. But then Yaya and Ferna can play at the back. The point isn't about bodies it's about characteristics and qualities in players.

I agree that right now madrid is not an option for him, but maybe he still wants the move. They can not afford to spend 180 million on him after spending 220 million on neymar. That is almost half a billion dollars on two players.
Yeah - I agree it's crazy - but PSG's owners have deep pockets and seem confident that they safely ignore FFP by hook or by crook. On paper it makes no sense - but PSG's owners don't seem to be worried by this - they simply want the CL title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.