Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
A deal if its done this summer will probably be around the price of Dembele to Barca...120-150m. Monaco tried playing everyone for 180m but that valuation has probably come down now knowing Madrid / City aren't willing to pay.

All the bs around PSG agreeing a fee etc was probably to try force another teams hand. PSG have to sell to afford Mbappe pretty clear now.

Obviously he could stay at Monaco but who knows his price next season, prices this window are crazy doubt we will see it the same next summer.

Monaco are massively resistant to selling to PSG. However they know that PSG are probably the nearest in terms of valuation to what they want. Madrid are more or less out this summer. They won't sign him. With City it's anyone's guess. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we signed him tomorrow for 150 million, and equally wouldn't surprise me in the least if we took the easy way out and started briefing that he's too expensive.

i agree with you that either way i wouldnt be in the slightest upset if we bought him or didnt....weve gone up against ronaldo and messi many times in the past and mbappe on psg wouldnt worry me. we are a great team with him or without him, but obviously id want city to go out and get him. We would have the best front six in the world for potentially the next decade

Do you believe its purely down to economics? The only stumbling block? If we stumped that amount up,do you think he'd be ours?

if city offered 150 million for him already hed be wearing a city shirt and in training with us. I think what we are doing is waiting for his value to drop because the hope is no one else is willing to offer that type of money for him

Paris Saint-Germain football director Luis Fernandez says that teenage sensation and Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe has Real Madrid, Man City and his own club ‘in his head.

i still think its between us and real for him, i just dont see monaco sending him to PSG or PSG affording him... PSG for mbappe is a lateral move, not a step up imo, the league is shit and its basically a one team league, what is the attraction for him. At city he works with pep and some of the best young players in the world
The attraction for Mbappe to join PSG as opposed to RM is that starting for RM - as talented as he is - might prove problematic - if Mbappe gets off to a slow start, how long before he's on the bench at RM?

OtOH - starting at PSG is a given. Moreover, the league is known to him so he'll be in a comfort zone and he'll be playing in his home country.

As this is the year before the WC, starting regularly at PSG would be extremely enticing to Mbappe.
==========
PSG seem to be completely ignoring FFP - and more power to them for this. They can absolutely afford to buy Mbappe - only stopped, potentially by the so-called FFP.
==========
Long term though - I think Mbappe ends up at RM in 3 years time. PSG are building around Neymar - should Mbappe prove to be as talented as his potential suggests - he'll want a team build around him. 3 years from now, Ronaldo will be in decline at RM if not already traded - and at that time Mbappe could be the world's most in-demand talent.

Monaco are massively resistant to selling to PSG. However they know that PSG are probably the nearest in terms of valuation to what they want. Madrid are more or less out this summer. They won't sign him. With City it's anyone's guess. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we signed him tomorrow for 150 million, and equally wouldn't surprise me in the least if we took the easy way out and started briefing that he's too expensive.
Pep has said that he feels there's something missing upfront. This is why I think they'll go all out to sign him.

But that would mean us paying over £150m on one player and I don't see us going anywhere near that figure.

Depends what Monaco want. If they want it in cold hard cash, then no, I don't think we'd be interested. But if they'd take say £90m with a lot of add ons, then maybe. Us paying say £5m for a Balon d'Or top 3 or £10m for a CL win, in addition to usual international caps and games/goals for City and they could get the cash and I'm sure we'd be happy to pay it in those circumstances. Suspect that was what Real was trying, too, but PSG are probably suggesting paying it up front with a bit extra thrown in, which will cause the issue.

Comes down to whether Monaco insist they won't sell to PSG for anything like a sensible price and are will to risk Mbappe refusing to go elsewhere whilst his contract runs down. Their business model is based on sales, so I suspect they'd sell to PSG once there's no option elsewhere.

If we got the proper market value for Nasri, Hart, Mangala, Bony and Delph then I'd be a bit more confident we could get the deal done. Seeing as we'll be lucky to get £30m for the lot of them and will no doubt still be paying hefty chunks of most of those wages (see Hart) I just don't see it.

Do you believe its purely down to economics? The only stumbling block? If we stumped that amount up,do you think he'd be ours?

Yeah. Pep wants him. He's met him twice and done an incredible job of getting the kid to see the vision of joining City. However the reality is that's only half the job. Now it's up to the money men on the board to decide Mbappe's 'value'. That's the stumbling block right now. My understanding is that City feel it's wrong that the price has gone from 120 million in June to 180 in August with not a football kicked from Mbappe. Hence they're balking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.