Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcotti is a football journalist. He's probably out of his depth when it comes to such matters. There are a few journalists such as David Conn who know what they are talking about. That does not mean he is not a good football pundit. I'd listen to Gary Neville or Mrk lawrensen when it came to football, but I don't think I'd take their view about financial accounting too seriously.
True.

But Gab isn't stupid - far from it. Everything he says - so far as I can tell - is backed by reason and a big intellect - if Gab claims to have looked into FFP and has then published about it - I'm more than inclined to listen to what he says.
===========
ESPNFC really sucks nowadays - all of their regular pundits are complete idiots. But then they bring in Marcotti and John Champion and others - who actually know football and who are articulate and insightful in their views - and I continue watching.

Last edited:
And yet the all the details of this trade are public. Gab Marcotti - and others - can look at these details - and can look at expected revenue from signing Neymar and can then compare this evaluation against FFP rules.

Marcotti's evaluation - the signing makes no financial sense - it'a lose money proposition big time. The only reason for the signing is to win the UCL.

Which - again - I have zero problem with whatsoever.

My problem is with the FFP rule itself.
An argument to authority is a fallacy.

An argument to Marcotti is just funny.

Nope, they are not. I've actually studied the FFP documentation from the beginning; CLEARLY you have not. I'm beginning to thing you are just trolling now.
I don't don't who the fuck he is or was as a previous poster, but he doesn't know the updated FFP rules for new owners and basing his entire thoughts on Marcotti, who understands FFP less than most City fans is rather bemusing.

I don't don't who the fuck he is or was as a previous poster, but he doesn't know the updated FFP rules for new owners and basing his entire thoughts on Marcotti, who understands FFP less than most City fans is rather bemusing.
You keep on claiming to be a world football authority - far more knowledgable than Marcotti - please refer me to your blog/TV appearances/books/previous history coaching clubs/etc.

I'm dying to know your credentials.

Anyone else think that Real Madrid, us and a couple of others have got round a table around the time of the Neymar transfer (the clubs knowing well in advance of it going public) and decided that enough is enough and Mbappe is the first case where everyone shuts up shop on stupid prices ? Monaco assumed they could demand anything they wanted and have a bidding war for the player and we all cartelled the shit out of it to stop it spiralling out of control ?

Or is it just me

Wow!

I'm so wrong.

Give me your number please - I want to be your agent! You're obviously much smarter than stupid ole Gab and are a true pundit. I want to book you for one of the top TV stations.
I could name at least a dozen people on here that would eat Marcotti alive on most football matters. The fact he is a journalist and has a pulpit from which to preach his opinion is neither here nor there.

If being on TV or on a podcast was a test of someone's knowledge then we'd all agree that McManaman or Danny fucking Mills are th fonts of all knowledge.

Yes. He didn't say anything of the sort. The part in read doesn't suggest that. It states your views on PSG sound like United and Liverpool fans talking about City.
And Arsenal fans :), he'll be saying Im accusing him of being a gooner now.

I could name at least a dozen people on here that would eat Marcotti alive on most football matters. The fact he is a journalist and has a pulpit from which to preach his opinion is neither here nor there.

If being on TV or on a podcast was a test of someone's knowledge then we'd all agree that McManaman or Danny fucking Mills are th fonts of all knowledge.
Name the dozen then.

I await with bated breath. Presumably you're at the top of this list, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.