Kyogo Furuhashi - on final striker shortlist

If you're suggesting mcatee and bobb for the striker role you may aswell claim they can also cover for Rodri. They're not strikers.

Bobb, Lewis and foden are all firmly in the squad from the academy with mcatee and O'Reilly on the periphery. How many academy graduates have Real Madrid got in their squad? Or bayern? Or arsenal?
Pep rarely used Alvarez as a striker so I don't see the point in signing another attacking player to challenge for the other attacking positions. And having academy players warming the bench doesn't impress anyone.Look at it this way I love Pep and hope he stays for many more years but in all the years he's been here Foden is his only achievement from the academy . Rico looks amazing but with a fit Walker and if Gundogan returns how many chances will he get? probably the same as last season.

I actually remember being impressed with him in our pre-season match—not just because of his great goal but also because of how he dropped deep and linked up play. Albeit, that was against academy defenders with Phillips in front of them. As others said, his shoulder would be my only worry.
I thought that kuhn they have was even better

If he is an actual striker who doesnt mind being a backup then this makes complete sense and what I suspected we were going for.

False 9 was nice, but Bobb injury means the plans of "maybe" getting a backup striker probably turned into a "we have to".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.