Kyogo Furuhashi - on final striker shortlist

Rarely? Haaland was out for 2-3months last season, who do you think played upfront in that period? Haaland picks up injures, we play 60-70 games a season, we're set up to play with a proper striker, Having 1 of those is just stupidity, that's why we had 2. We need a striker. Attacking players that play behind the striker. Academy graduates or not aren't going to be impacted by this.

We've been the best football side on the planet for half a decade, how many academy products are you expecting us to produce at that level? The fact we got 1 is a miracle, we're on the verge of having 3 mainstays, we've done incredibly well in that respect.

Show me examples of world class multi-trophy winning sides that have more academy graduates in their squad than us...
Pep has shown quite often he'll play without a striker,he will happily play Foden ,Bernardo as false 9's which gives other players chances, we've already brought in Savio and Mactee is also added to the squad and you want a basically nobody adding to the squad to stunt their growth? Say what you like but 1 player out of an academy regarded to many as the best in the world isn't good enough if you keep signing unproven young players over them. When we win by 4 or 5 nil Pep has shown he's not happy and what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

It seems a signing, shoulder apart that we can't lose with.

Small fee but a player that will bring huge coverage in Japan /Asia, a marketing dream, even more so with the two Japanese women players at the club.

These random type of signings are exciting and can sometimes be highly successful.
2? Haven't the women signed half the Japanese national side this summer? Swear we've got about 4 now.

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of this player until he was linked with us. Has a decent record in Scotland, but let's be honest, it's Scotland. I worry he'll end up as one of those players we bring in because we 'need a striker' but when Haaland is out, we don't actually trust him. Kind of like Gomez where we 'needed a left back,' but when push came to shove, we'd rather player a more talented player out of position.

Turning Japanese, I think I’m turning Japanese, I really think so.

He can finish, he'd be happy to play second fiddle to Haaland, he'd score goals with the service we'd give him and he would be cheap to. Ticks all the boxes.

As a Rangers supporter I’d love City to sign Kyogo just to stop him scoring against us.

As a Rangers supporter with a fondness for City I’d say he is a million miles away from being good enough!

Kyogo was actually dropped for a while by Rodgers last season.

His greatest attribute is his uncanny knack of appearing to be offside but he very rarelyis . His movement and awareness are top quality but the rest of his game is relatively average for a premier league striker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.