La Liga official complaint about City

I thought in defamation cases the burden of proof lies on the defendant (Tebas) to prove what he said is true. City doesn't have to prove what he said isn't true.
He doesn't even have to prove it's true, is my understanding, just that he had a genuine reason to believe it was or there was a public interest in him expressing the view that was wrong.

In the case Arron Banks brought (and lost) against Carole Cadwalladr, it was clear she originally lied about his links to Russia (not like Guardian journalists to tell lies). But she won the case because there was deemed to be a public interest in his dealings. It was like a united v Liverpool game in that the ideal outcome was that both lose.

I won't hold my breath the Premier League coming out in defence of City, like Ligue 1 quickly did for Paris...

There must come a point where some of our actual sponsors, such as Puma and Nexen, feel their name is being brought into disrepute at accusations they are complicit in dodgy sponsorship deals, and take their own action?

I ready La Liga statement and its funny.

In Business, owners can finance their business through 3 ways :

1- I can finance my business from my own pocket ( Its not a crime )
2- I can take loan to invest in my business
3- I can take part of my profit and reinvest it in my business

Even a state owned club isn't a crime ( Even though Madrid's Franco were state club )

The Premier League allowed Abu Dhabi group to buy the club, it was clear and legal so there is nothing wrong in Abu Dhabi investing in their business.

Sheer hypocrisy.

Maybe he needs to be reminded his league had a team famously labelled the 'Galacticos'? Where was his outcry when his teams were spending 100m+ on their Dembeles, Griezmanns, Coutinhos, Bales, and Ronaldos? His teams hold 6 spots for top 10 world record transfers.

Prick.

Yep. You are missing the fact he turned down Real Madrid so we must have bunged him a billion. He couldn’t have come here to play in the best team in the best league in the world. A team be followed as a kid and a team that his Dad played for. Nope. He turned down Madrid so we clearly bunged him a billion. What other reason could it be??
Spot on.

I won't hold my breath the Premier League coming out in defence of City, like Ligue 1 quickly did for Paris...

There must come a point where some of our actual sponsors, such as Puma and Nexen, feel their name is being brought into disrepute at accusations they are complicit in dodgy sponsorship deals, and take their own action?

surely our accountants who do the financials are pissed off that their integrity is being called into question with false accounting?

IMHO - Absolutely no way we’ll get any support from anyone or any organisation in this country. The media will be negative - especially the known radio idiots.

The leaders of our PL will love it & will make no comments even when UEFA tell Tebas where to go (assuming UEFA have to respond publicly)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.