La Liga official complaint about City

I thought in defamation cases the burden of proof lies on the defendant (Tebas) to prove what he said is true. City doesn't have to prove what he said isn't true.
You’ve been reading too many self serving press articles when they were trying to get the law changed in their favour.
In English law the plaintiff in a defamation case must prove, inter alia, that the words complained of are actually defamatory.
The respondent may rebut this by showing that the words were true.
Note, if we sued Teabag, it would depend in which jurisdiction.

Tixi does like a release clause, if Gavi’s is £100m and assures the end of Teabag and we get a great player then it’s got to better than the muted 70m for Phillips
And I would not put it past Txiki to make noise about one player, while actually targeting a different one. See Koulibaly and Dias.

He doesn't even have to prove it's true, is my understanding, just that he had a genuine reason to believe it was or there was a public interest in him expressing the view that was wrong.

In the case Arron Banks brought (and lost) against Carole Cadwalladr, it was clear she originally lied about his links to Russia (not like Guardian journalists to tell lies). But she won the case because there was deemed to be a public interest in his dealings. It was like a united v Liverpool game in that the ideal outcome was that both lose.

Banks did get recognition that the claims made weren't true, though, iirc. And Abramovic settled his case after corrections on the part of the publisher, including the correction of an error. I don't see why we couldn't achieve the same?

Wasn't Cadwalladr's get out of jail card that she believed her story to be true at the time, and the court agreed it was in the public interest (being a political and security matter, and her being press) so it was reasonable she should have published it. Not sure, Tebas would have the same public interest angle for what is really a commercial matter between two rival organisations.

I understand why the club do not fight every article and stupid comment but (there is always a but)
The club took no action after a prick of a reporter asked Pep if he, like Mancini, took payments via brown envelopes. So when Tebas states we are somehow making illegal payments, with no evidence what so ever, people will believe it to be true.
I will also mention again, the disgraceful lack of support from the Premier league. If the French League can make a statement it shows, in dipper eyes, that the PL believe we are guilty so won't back us, after all they are still investigating us so clearly we are.
There comes a time City when we need to fight back.

Am I stupid, but how do we break FFP rules by buying a player for £51 million when we earned £450 million the season before last. We also got £55 million for Torres. Am I missing something.?
Yes, he is saying the fee was 51 mill declared and xx via a brown envelope. The brown envelope going to the player and the agent.

Simon Jordan agrees with Tebas, apparently City need to answer his questions. Two fucking nutters together.
But they're not. Jordan knows exactly what he is doing and he is paid a lot of money for doing it. Tebas also knows what he is doing and why.

I dont think our owners can shurt these people up. Any case against them and they will cry about the Arabs closing down free speech in Western democracies. And Tebas is allowed to say these things tbh, you cant shut someone up just because you dont like what he's saying (As long as it isnt illegal).

But I would like our owners to come out and take the piss out of him. Publicly. He's an angry little man grasping at straws making wild accusations at anyone.

“They’ve rejected them to play for oil clubs.”
The complete bastards.
I still dont fully understand why being an "oil club" is seen as such a negative thing...how is that worse than being a "toilet roll" club...what makes it worse than being a "real estate" club?

Why is "oil club" used as a slur?

I still dont fully understand why being an "oil club" is seen as such a negative thing...how is that worse than being a "toilet roll" club...what makes it worse than being a "real estate" club?

Why is "oil club" used as a slur?
Dog whistle stuff. What colour skin are people who make money from the Oil business (in the main?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.