La Liga official complaint about City

This is entirely possible but so far there has only been one leak from the PL case which went to Der Spiegel and it is not clear where this came from. We know that Bayern, who were once bitter enemies of Spiegel, are much closer these days since they amicably settled their legal battle. We know that Bayern despise City and are very public with that hatred. Perhaps this story was just loose talk from someone high up in the PL at one of their many CL jollies.

One thing you can say: Der Spiegel’s claim that it is all their own work is bullshit. Parry at it again.
As for the allegations:
1. Underage payments not an ffp matter. If proved, probably some form of transfer ban. See Chelsea.
2. Mancini thing is a non starter. We would have no need to make under the counter payments as his employment began in the days before ffp, tho’ there was some overlap in his last year. I believe Mancini was employed by Mansour before City employed him. His job was to advise the Sheik on his own club in Abudhabi and also on the setting up of an academy there. If the Sheik continued to pay him after he signed with us, there would be no breach of any regs.
3. The fake sponsorship thing has been wrangled over ad nauseam. What new do they expect to find?
Finally, how can this take four fucking years?
One word of caution: there is no recourse to CAS in the PL Rules, so appeal would be to uk courts on narrow grounds of abuse of process, I think.

One thing you can say: Der Spiegel’s claim that it is all their own work is bullshit. Parry at it again.
As for the allegations:
1. Underage payments not an ffp matter. If proved, probably some form of transfer ban. See Chelsea.
2. Mancini thing is a non starter. We would have no need to make under the counter payments as his employment began in the days before ffp, tho’ there was some overlap in his last year. I believe Mancini was employed by Mansour before City employed him. His job was to advise the Sheik on his own club in Abudhabi and also on the setting up of an academy there. If the Sheik continued to pay him after he signed with us, there would be no breach of any regs.
3. The fake sponsorship thing has been wrangled over ad nauseam. What new do they expect to find?
Finally, how can this take four fucking years?
One word of caution: there is no recourse to CAS in the PL Rules, so appeal would be to uk courts on narrow grounds of abuse of process, I think.
I agree with most of this. But I am not sure Parry is still involved not least because last time the leaks effectively finished off the UEFA case against City. The CAS judges were not amused and reduced our fine for non-cooperation in the process. It was an own goal by UEFA.
I am intrigued that so far the PL discussions with City have mostly been kept private and both sides seem happy with that. Presumably both sides have signed some sort of Non Disclosure Agreement. Leaks to the media in legal cases are nearly always tactical, often from the party which fears losing the most.

I am intrigued that so far the PL discussions with City have mostly been kept private and both sides seem happy with that. Presumably both sides have signed some sort of Non Disclosure Agreement. Leaks to the media in legal cases are nearly always tactical, often from the party which fears losing the most.
Presumably because Gill and Parry aren't involved with the investigation.

But, to give the PL credit, UEFA's reopening of our FFP case after the Der Spiegel stitch-up was supposed to be under strict confidentiality. I wonder how UEFA's Ethics Committee's investigation of those leaks to Panja and others is going?

Presumably because Gill and Parry aren't involved with the investigation.

But, to give the PL credit, UEFA's reopening of our FFP case after the Der Spiegel stitch-up was supposed to be under strict confidentiality. I wonder how UEFA's Ethics Committee's investigation of those leaks to Panja and others is going?
I can't understand why it is taking so long though unless there are issues not in the public domain yet. The UEFA case was non-existent. CAS dismissed it out of hand within hours.

I think that this all goes away if we haven’t heard anything by the end of the year.

The PL is not time barred but, reading articles on here from those that should know (slbsn) UK law in this situation is.

I wonder if both sides are happy to let time run out.

Last edited:
I do think as a broad rule we should always correct false information when it is published in the media such as City are "state-owned." That could be done easily with a simple statement on social media or other channels. If you ignore lies they become the accepted truth. It is just very basic stuff in terms of communications.

That ship has sailed....

This buffoon spews his nonsense with impunity, no one questions his basic premise that we're state owned, it has become a matter of fact everywhere and all the time.

Remind me again.

UEFA seen off.
FIFA seen off.
PL still pending.
Who Was the 4th lot we saw off?

Just about to write a letter to When Saturday Comes, who have referred to us in the last couple of editions as 'state owned'. I'm going to quote, verbatim, the paragraph in the published CFG accounts where it details the ownership as 75.1% Sheikh Mansour, with the remaining 24.1% held by various Chinese groups. (Silver Lake's original 10% holding was converted to preference shares, which are classed as debt rather than equity).

Im probably wasting my time but this is something I feel the club should publicise.
I'm almost certainly mentioning something that you will have already seen but unless I'm missing something there's 0.8% ownership unaccounted for in the figures you state.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.