Lacking Leadership

We have no one who can tackle and fight and lead by example. Kompany, Zabba etc greatly missed. We need a a hard man. Where’s Gerry Gow these days.?? All the top teams had one, Souness, Robson, Keane, Ince, Case, Vierra etc etc. We’ve got puff pastry nambie pambie big girls blouses who are embarrassingly weak.
There’s a lot to that. We are definitely weak in that respect.

The world has moved on. Who is Liverpool’s hard man?
Our intensity has dropped and we are carrying too many players who continue to make mistakes.
I was referencing more the fighter/leader portion of the post. I agree, hard man times have gone by but you still need some fight and leadership. Today we were headless chickens at panic stations. It was pathetic.

The world has moved on. Who is Liverpool’s hard man?
Our intensity has dropped and we are carrying too many players who continue to make mistakes.
Milner and Henderson put it about. Robinson is a little spiky fucker. They don't have any shrinking violets like gundogan

I was referencing more the fighter/leader portion of the post. I agree, hard man times have gone by but you still need some fight and leadership. Today we were headless chickens at panic stations. It was pathetic.

I get what you're saying - I think it relates to having a clear mind when things are not going so well. Tonight as example, once we went 2-0 up the game should have been shut down. Vinny instead of Otamendi would have calmed the team down. Instead we had our most experienced defender hacking the ball away time and again. You cannot give up possession so easily. Pep was rightly fuming about it. Yes it was Raheem who gave the ball away cheaply but the tone had been set. Also last year I never saw half our team standing still when we lost the ball - that is about intensity and like it or not, we have to realise it is hard to keep that level for too long. For me the key now is not to panic, give Pep the keys to add 2 or 3 players to go again. Rodri is a great addition of the right age and mentality. I saw at the end he was angry with some of his team mates and take that as a good sign. If we don't get behind Pep I can see him leaving, he needs to rejig his team - youth and pace. If he does go we will regret it for years to come. Show him the love.

I wish blues would stop bemoaning the lack of Vinnie inspired leadership because we are reinventing history by doing it. Someone needs to say it.

Not having a pop after tonight's defeat not into all this 'he's shit' 'pep out' ect ect

Just overall from the start of the season onwards obviously Laporte is a massive loss he's a huge figure in our team, But the loss of Vincent Kompany is enormous. I find it weird that his leadership on and off the pitch at our club for years hasn't rubbed off any of the current players today, Although maybe in the dressing room their is big talkers I don't know but on the pitch we lack it throughout the side. A number of times this season we've looked like we need a leader to get a togetherness when we are against the ropes. I know tonight with ten men its difficult but we looked incredibly fragile not only the back four but the team in general as a unit.

Is it more down to a lack of leadership that is our downfall so far or has the last two seasons caught up on us and we are fatigued?
We also need to look at ourselves. Too many times we sit in silence at home. "Stand up for the champions" or the odd blue moon is the only time the whole ground is together.
Away fans are mostly class so please crack on

The players picked the Captain according to Pep.

They picked David Silva.

David might be the captain in name, but he’s no leader on the pitch. It isn’t in his nature.

La Porte was the obvious choice, but his injury put paid to that. I’d have gone with Walker. At a push Rodri.

Really surprised that Kev isn’t captain material. Always seems involved and he normally pushes the team on.

Reactions: Hez
Not having a pop after tonight's defeat not into all this 'he's shit' 'pep out' ect ect

Just overall from the start of the season onwards obviously Laporte is a massive loss he's a huge figure in our team, But the loss of Vincent Kompany is enormous. I find it weird that his leadership on and off the pitch at our club for years hasn't rubbed off any of the current players today, Although maybe in the dressing room their is big talkers I don't know but on the pitch we lack it throughout the side. A number of times this season we've looked like we need a leader to get a togetherness when we are against the ropes. I know tonight with ten men its difficult but we looked incredibly fragile not only the back four but the team in general as a unit.

Is it more down to a lack of leadership that is our downfall so far or has the last two seasons caught up on us and we are fatigued?
Whilst I can see your point, let's not forget Vinnie missed massive chunks of The last few seasons and we were still brilliant.

Whilst I can see your point, let's not forget Vinnie missed massive chunks of The last few seasons and we were still brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.