Lampard: MCFC vs NYCFC

The fact is football is business, and if Lampard goes there in June as the poster boy of a tight and hopefully successful title race NYCFC will sell a load of shirts and tickets as a result.

Helmet Cole said:
The fact is football is business, and if Lampard goes there in June as the poster boy of a tight and hopefully successful title race NYCFC will sell a load of shirts and tickets as a result.
This. All day long, this.
NYCFC haven't exactly been paying their way, up to now. I'm not having a cheap shot when I say that. It's eminently understandable and I'm simply stating facts. Lampard at New York between March and June would theoretically increase revenue by a few points for the City Football Group. Lampard winning a final Premier League in Manchester and then going across the Atlantic, would be a far bigger marketing opportunity.
It's business, nothing more or less. You'd think Americans would get that.

Orlando City also come into existence at the same time as NYCFC, with Kaka as their star player. Have you even heard a whisper about it? Did you know they exist? Precisely. NYCFC are already incredibly famous, all because of their link to us and now the Lampard saga.

nycfc1994 said:
If you don't understand why NYCFC fans would be upset by this then it is you who doesnt really understand the implications of this move. It is not nearly as much about having Lampard for half a season as it is the precedent that the move sets. The MLS is a growing league and this decision hurts that growth and treats the club not as a sister club but a farm system. I hope that these two clubs can have a more mutually helpful and harmonious relationship. It is not fair to disrespect and write off NYCFC fans for being upset. This move was a slight to all NYCFC fans and every one of them has the right to be upset.
You aren't a sister club. That is fucking why.

You are a daughter club, and a relatively unimportant one at that. Get over yourselves.

Ok Im from the MCFC camp.

I feel NYCFC fans have some right to moan about this situation, but bear in mind if minor things like these make all the lark in the media the other side of the pond, Im not sure if that is football or tabloids.

I feel us being here always going through the doldrums and heartache of bad transfers, typical City, relegation, division 2, etc for years have made us feel that in comparison the Lampard saga is a 'pinch'.

I do think NYC fans lambasting about this is making it sound bigger than it actually is. Whining before the first ball is being kicked is disappointing to hear.

A club that hasn't played a competitive game complains about a bigger, better club contracting a player that's never played for them before, and thus inconveniencing them and their quest in a lesser league for 2 months, with their fans, who've never attended a club match, complaining about it as well.

Utter tosh, they should be grateful that they exist and will get to see the best England international of his generation at all.

No gratitude in this world.

I don't get the condescending tones towards the New York club and their fans. We used to ridicule the rags for looking down their noses at other clubs.
We need to be working together with New York for the benefit of both the clubs. The formation of New York has already worked to our benefit as by using New York was probably the only way we could have gotten Frank. If he had signed for another franchise then there would have been no way they would have extended any loan. There would have been no way imo Frank would have come directly to us from Chelsea.
The formation on NYC has already been used to our benefit. We need to make sure that the relationship has mutual benefits for both clubs. The attitude of 'fuck them' I am only interested in us is not really thinking long term and the mocking, belittling and ridiculing of NYC and their fans is extremely rag like.

SWP's back said:
nycfc1994 said:
If you don't understand why NYCFC fans would be upset by this then it is you who doesnt really understand the implications of this move. It is not nearly as much about having Lampard for half a season as it is the precedent that the move sets. The MLS is a growing league and this decision hurts that growth and treats the club not as a sister club but a farm system. I hope that these two clubs can have a more mutually helpful and harmonious relationship. It is not fair to disrespect and write off NYCFC fans for being upset. This move was a slight to all NYCFC fans and every one of them has the right to be upset.

You are a daughter club, and a relatively unimportant one at that. Get over yourselves.

I think of them as more of a ginger stepchild.

stony said:
SWP's back said:
nycfc1994 said:

I think of them as more of a ginger stepchild.
To me, they aren't even a child yet, we are still pregnant and yet the baby is already being a dick.

Nightmare Walking said:
I don't get the condescending tones towards the New York club and their fans. We used to ridicule the rags for looking down their noses at other clubs.
We need to be working together with New York for the benefit of both the clubs. The formation of New York has already worked to our benefit as by using New York was probably the only way we could have gotten Frank. If he had signed for another franchise then there would have been no way they would have extended any loan. There would have been no way imo Frank would have come directly to us from Chelsea.
The formation on NYC has already been used to our benefit. We need to make sure that the relationship has mutual benefits for both clubs. The attitude of 'fuck them' I am only interested in us is not really thinking long term and the mocking, belittling and ridiculing of NYC and their fans is extremely rag like.

not really, it's the nature, like Melbourne, of crying foul when one club hasn't yet played a match and the other has existed for a handful of years, Rags mocking Blues is completely different as both clubs have esteemed footballing histories and have existed over a century. The "you're ruining our club" when one club wouldn't exist without us and the other would continue to live in the shadow of their city rivals wears thin when all we've done is do good things for them. Yes, they may not like everything we've done now but in 2/3 years time they'll try to make out they were always grateful for it.

Let's face it, nobody here would be talking about NYCFC if it wasn't for City/Lampard, this wrong discussion in the media is giving them great publicity and will only boost interest in MLS when he moves there, we're giving you a marketing dream here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.