Lampard: MCFC vs NYCFC

Lampard will have made the decision. Both clubs want him. NY obviously would have agreed to the extended loan, on the back of discussions with all parties. The only problem is spiteful media causing the storm. When he gets there and starts banging goals in, they will forget all of this and love him.

I'd imagine that Reyna and Kreiss are at pains to stress to Lampard and City that the delay in Lampard's arrival is no problem. Not because they are afraid to piss off their masters at City (cos I'm sure they are comfortable of their stature in the CFG family) but because they are afraid that Lampard will not go at all and they are seen as a drama-queen club that European players would be best to avoid.

In the long term they need to attract top players and that involves bowing to their desires - sometimes that'll involve taking a "pinch". It seems to be a ADUG trait actually that they'll suffer short term pain for long term gain.

NYCFC fans need to accept the operating model though.

nycfc1994 said:
If you don't understand why NYCFC fans would be upset by this then it is you who doesnt really understand the implications of this move. It is not nearly as much about having Lampard for half a season as it is the precedent that the move sets. The MLS is a growing league and this decision hurts that growth and treats the club not as a sister club but a farm system. I hope that these two clubs can have a more mutually helpful and harmonious relationship. It is not fair to disrespect and write off NYCFC fans for being upset. This move was a slight to all NYCFC fans and every one of them has the right to be upset.

It certainly hasn't been handled in the best way and has caused some short-term bad feeling. Long-term though I feel NYCFC will gain more out of the relationship than MCFC will. In due course I should imagine you'll be getting some of our quality younger players on loan and perhaps even some of our big name players when they are coming towards the end of their careers in Europe (Toure etc).

nycfc1994 said:
This move was a slight to all NYCFC fans and every one of them has the right to be upset.

What fans? You haven't even got a fucking team to support, so what exactly are you fans of...

Not sure why people are so hung up on the team"they don't have any fans" argument.

Do we expect the 12k+ season ticket holders, countless people that have bought merchandise and have spent hours talking about NYCFC to just sit down and not have an opinion until March 8?

Of course they shouldn't. And as yet CFG havent earned their trust for them to accept any decision they make with a shrug of the shoulders knowing that CFG will make things right.

That may well happen in time, but until then I don't blame any of them for being unhappy.

And anyone that thinks we would be any different if roles were reversed is kidding themselves.

Any links to the whingers fans forum(s)? PM me please.

Whilst I understand partly their frustration, they have to remember they wouldn't even exist were it not for S.Mansour

What's that old saying about biting the hand that feeds you?

Oh, and by the way, you are not a sister club just yet, we are your parent club, and we ARE more important than you in the grand scheme of things, as 137 years of existence should show you.

I wish NYCFC the very best of luck but please, stop your fucking moaning.

of course this will mean Maureen will get Chelski fans and the media to swallow the line that its unfair and City snatched Frank away from them and that he wouldn't have allowed him to leave had he known where he would end up etc etc

Bottom line is Maureen didn't want Frank anymore - this is the 2014/15 season and so clubs don't hold on to a players registration for ever and prevent them from earning a living elsewhere and all this shows is a flaw in Maureens ability to spot a player as it were and that he is a mard arsed whinger in charge of a squad of diving cheats so us to win last day of the season - Frank gets the winner meanwhile Stevie G snubs him again by denying Chelski 3 points when they next meet the dippers will be utter karma and make my season !!

Tanzeylee said:
nycfc1994 said:
This move was a slight to all NYCFC fans and every one of them has the right to be upset.

What fans? You haven't even got a fucking team to support, so what exactly are you fans of...

everyone has to start somewhere.

I too am only bothered about city but we still have to look at the other point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.