Lampard: MCFC vs NYCFC

How can a football club that hasn't played any fixtures have fans?
How can you support a football team that has yet to play a game?

Was it not quite obvious right from the start to those 'fans/supporters' in New York that NYCFC was being formed as a sister club to City? It was plainly obvious to me. Everybody knew this from the start, they also knew what colours would be worn by the team.

I'm actually really disappointed with the reaction of these 'so-called' NYCFC supporters, complaining that Frank won't be joining them for the start of their season. Are you really so short-sighted to not see that our clubs will be helping each other, working together in the future, and will be very closely linked? Well, I'm so sorry that 'your' player might miss the first 2 months of your season because he has decided to help your sister club try to win a championship, and you really want to deny him that glory? If that's how much you care about your future players, then I'm afraid you've lost my good will.

If he does stay at City til the end of the English season, and then joins NYCFC, then you 'supporters' should be happy to receive a (hopefully) championship winner, in peak match fitness, ready to blast his way through the MLS. Alternatively, he could join you now and lose his match sharpness in the next couple of months, meaning he has to start all over again.

You're helping us by letting us have him til the end of our season - we're helping you by keeping him in peak condition for yours.

If you don't like this sister club arrangement, then go and 'support' Red Bull or the Cosmos, because the CFG doesn't want you.

Innsbruckblue said:
You're helping us by letting us have him til the end of our season - we're helping you by keeping him in peak condition for yours.

If you don't like this sister club arrangement, then go and 'support' Red Bull or the Cosmos, because the CFG doesn't want you.

Right. Unless he gets hurt playing for MCFC, I don't see how its a bad thing for NYCFC. Especially since he's probably only a 1-2 year guy anyway as the NY club gets settled.

Peoria Blue said:
Innsbruckblue said:

Right. Unless he gets hurt playing for MCFC, I don't see how its a bad thing for NYCFC. Especially since he's probably only a 1-2 year guy anyway as the NY club gets settled.
They're not "letting us have him" though, they don't own his registration so fuck 'em.

I think its hilarious reading their forum, dont know who the fuck they think they are. Sayin what do they get out of this partnership? You get a fucking football club! Half of them probably dont even know what lampard looks like anyway

Bluemoonie92 said:
I think its hilarious reading their forum, dont know who the @#!*% they think they are. Sayin what do they get out of this partnership? You get a @#!*% football club! Half of them probably dont even know what lampard looks like anyway
And the other half used to call themselves red bull fans.

If you don't understand why NYCFC fans would be upset by this then it is you who doesnt really understand the implications of this move. It is not nearly as much about having Lampard for half a season as it is the precedent that the move sets. The MLS is a growing league and this decision hurts that growth and treats the club not as a sister club but a farm system. I hope that these two clubs can have a more mutually helpful and harmonious relationship. It is not fair to disrespect and write off NYCFC fans for being upset. This move was a slight to all NYCFC fans and every one of them has the right to be upset.

nycfc1994 said:
If you don't understand why NYCFC fans would be upset by this then it is you who doesnt really understand the implications of this move. It is not nearly as much about having Lampard for half a season as it is the precedent that the move sets. The MLS is a growing league and this decision hurts that growth and treats the club not as a sister club but a farm system. I hope that these two clubs can have a more mutually helpful and harmonious relationship. It is not fair to disrespect and write off NYCFC fans for being upset. This move was a slight to all NYCFC fans and every one of them has the right to be upset.

totally agree.

de niro said:
nycfc1994 said:

totally agree.

Don't disagree but who cares ?

I only care about MCFC. Upsetting the fans of another club ? I couldn't give a shit !

If Frank helps us secure a consecutive PL title happy days !

nycfc1994 said:

It appears that the two Clubs do have a mutual relationship as both parties agreed to Lampards additional contract at Manchester according to reports.For all we know, you could be getting Gerrard !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.