Lampard To City On Loan

I can only assume this would be a 6 month loan till the American season starts

Would Rodwell go out on loan for 6 months in the meantime? or would we keep him as a sort of pet?

Airbus said:
We play Chelsea on 21st September at Etihad, I think it's next to a CL game, so for me keeping Yaya for the CL game and playing him against Chelsea will do just fine ... a last min penalty awarded to us at 2-2 and him to slot it in will justify this transfer ... and the look on Chelsea supporters will brighten anyone's day.

I could actually see this working the other way round.
If we have a couple of "easy" opponents in the CL then Frank plays and we rest Yaya for the PL matches.

A win-win.

We gain extra cover and experience if we need it. He was expecting a lull until March so no sweat if he doesn't play, kudos if he does.

Wouldn't be surprised if he made a few decent contributions. Competition for Yaya too if he's off last season's pace, which also wouldn't surprise me.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Airbus said:
We play Chelsea on 21st September at Etihad, I think it's next to a CL game, so for me keeping Yaya for the CL game and playing him against Chelsea will do just fine ... a last min penalty awarded to us at 2-2 and him to slot it in will justify this transfer ... and the look on Chelsea supporters will brighten anyone's day.

If we have a couple of "easy" opponents in the CL then Frank plays and we rest Yaya for the PL matches.

Think its already been said they he wont play against Chelsea should the loan happen
And I agree he would play in the champions league if we get a so called lesser team

mancity dan said:
Chippy_boy said:
Sorry if I've missed this but can someone enlighten me as to how the CL squad thing works?

If what we're hearing is correct and he will be in the CL squad, yet he's only on a 6 month contract, when he leaves can we replace him in the CL squad or does that mean we are a man light? If you can replace players mid competition, it would be a coach and horses loophole in the squad restrictions surely?

We resubmit the squad at the end of the January transfer window so he wouldn't be in the squad after that. Hope this helps.

Yes thanks (and to Meat as well).

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Airbus said:

id be very suprised if he plays against chelsea

CheethamHillBlue said:
mancity5 said:
Mike N said:
Just wondering why?

Cos I just don't..

Cheers for clearing that up.

Perhaps it's something to do with him and that despicable oaf John Terry making fun of grieving Americans in a hotel the night after 9/11. Pissed out of his head and the police had to pull the Americans off him

pml79 said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Airbus said:

id be very suprised if he plays against chelsea

its already been said he wont

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.