Las Vegas

Frank the Yank said:
de niro said:
Frank the Yank said:
Yeah if she look young and is 27, I bet she gets "proofed/carded" at least once!!! Enjoy!! Love to gamble hate to lose like all the suckers!! You flying stright into Vegas from Blighty or are you on an internal flight? If so, what airline?

Virgin Atlantic direct from Manchester. Should be fun and great for the kid. Her first time in the USA .
First time in America and you bring her to Vegas!!! Hummm I see you went the cultural route!! Oh well, next trip you MUST bring her to New York and The Hatter!! Have you met our Jonesey???

she's desperate to do new york, i'll sort it for her at some point during 2012.

love vegas

you can do it on any level you want from on the cheap to absolute luxury and have a ball regardless

just walking the strip at night catching the volcano eruption at mirage, the fountains at bellagio, pirate show at Treasure Island etc, and then ducking in for a drink and catching free lounge shows all along the strip is entertaining in itself and doesn't cost much either

one of the highlights of my trip was a jetskiing trip on Lake Mead to the Hoover Dam....awesome and can be booked ahead by your hotel

Grand Canyon unmissable too

Chrisja1000 said:
I went in 2005 , the best week of my life. It's expensive but try the helicopter ride to the grand canyon it's an amazing experience. The pussycat dolls bar in caesars in a must!! In went in November and the rodeo finals were on so we headed down. Also there is a English boozer of the strip which has all the games on. Next door there is a gun shop where if you take your passport and for a few dollars you can shoot any gun you want. Only in America!!

I can't recommend this enough, amazing experience.

Scareye said:
Chrisja1000 said:
I went in 2005 , the best week of my life. It's expensive but try the helicopter ride to the grand canyon it's an amazing experience. The pussycat dolls bar in caesars in a must!! In went in November and the rodeo finals were on so we headed down. Also there is a English boozer of the strip which has all the games on. Next door there is a gun shop where if you take your passport and for a few dollars you can shoot any gun you want. Only in America!!

I can't recommend this enough, amazing experience.

Yeah, im doign this with Maverick tours?? Anyone know them?

Also, how much should i take?!

I know its totally different for everyone but just want a rough guide - going for 6 nights - will be gambling but not absolutely loads.

Stoney's bar - about 20 dollar cab ride from mid strip. Only authentic country bar in town. Bar maids in leather bikinis pouring shots down your throat; bikini bull ride contests; cheap beer - I'm not really fussed about country but this place is great.

Rehab pool party at Hard Rock - every Sunday; biggest pool party in the states. Big queue if not a resident (I stayed at HRH last time I went). Brilliant way to spend a day if a bit pricey. Sat nights in the Hard Rock main bar are worth a visit too.

Palominos strip joint - only totally nude nude place in the county where you can drink beer next to the pole. Interesting mob history. Put a couple of dollars in your mouth when sat right next to the stage and see how she takes them off you.

I went Hoover Dam third time I went - found it pretty boring.

Pop into a pawn shop whilst you're there. There's loads of them in and around the Strip and they're all huge. It's a sobering eye-opener to see what people will pawn to feed their gambling habit.

If you're walking anywhere, carry water & wear a hat. Distances can be deceptive because of the flatness of the land and the sheer scale of the buildings. You could be walking toward a landmark for half an hour and the thing won't seem to be any nearer. Taxis are cheap enough and the drivers much friendlier than most other places I have been.

It can get chilly in the evenings.

A daylight (!) stroll along the upper end of the strip (up beyond the Stratosphere and the last of the wedding chapels), where the glamour fizzles out and the seedy, one hour motels begin, is an experience too. Not so much fun after dark, though!

Your missus (if she's anything like the rest of the sisterhood) will probably love the Outlet Mall but the prices aren't as great as other American cities. Definitely, jewellery was madly expensive whilst I was there.

One of the most memorable 'touristy' things that we did whilst there was the night that we hired a limo to take us around the sites and along the Strip. It was a little bit pricey (about $200 for two & a half hours) but I'd definitely do it again if I was going tomorrow.

The Grand Canyon & Hoover Dam are both well worth a visit - but they were more tiring than I'd expected (and I'm not drastically unfit or anything).

Nine Fine Irishmen in New York New York was an okay boozer - although so is Coyote Ugly upstairs, in another way. The V Club at the Venetian was the only nightclub that we visited - my wife loved it, I hate all nightclubs, so don't ask me. The Pepper Mill (opposite Circus Circus) do good food, in large portions and at a fair price. In our one and only visit, the food in the revolving restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere wasn't quite the fine dining experience that they promised - the view is obviously spectacular, though.

How much will you need to take? That's your own business. Food and drink are not expensive. Tip the waitresses and have a little chat with them and mostly, they'll go out of their way to look after you. If you sit down to a poker table, telling yourself that you're happy to lose say $300, then be happy with that - even if it's gone in one hand. Try not to look at it as gambling but buying an experience, if you follow me. The rule is the same as anywhere else - if you're going for six days, budget your money for seven.

Enjoy it, you lucky b*st*rd.

Rammy Blue said:
Vegas is cool for 3 days max, imo.

Back to Vegas for my 9th fortnight in 7 weeks.

Love it with a passion, bright, loud, cheap, entertaining, hot, wonderful.

I stay at Best Western Mardi Gras on Paradise, one block off the strip. (Much easier to park, it can take an hour to get from your room to the parking garage and then get stuck in strip traffic if you stay in a 'resort' hotel)

We pay £1200 each for direct flights, room, car, insurance everything.
Hire a convertable, trip around a bit, it's only 275 miles to LA for a couple of days!
Take comfy shoes. just exploring Caesars can tak half a day!

We budget on $50 pocet money each per day, any gambling we do (very little, maybe $10 on slots!) is just entertainment but even $10 can last an hour. And walked away with $50 winnings before now.

ps, it's bloody hot, well over 100 prety much all summer, and I've seen 117 degrees (whilst we were out all day at Off Road Truck racing at Primm!)

she's desperate to do new york, i'll sort it for her at some point during 2012.[/quote]

I went back to NY this February, 2nd time after a 14 year break as m wife has never been. Iconic place, fine for a week but Vegas floats my boat more.

Much cheaper and better value!

T33TLE said:
Rammy Blue said:
Vegas is cool for 3 days max, imo.

Back to Vegas for my 9th fortnight in 7 weeks.

Love it with a passion, bright, loud, cheap, entertaining, hot, wonderful.

I stay at Best Western Mardi Gras on Paradise, one block off the strip. (Much easier to park, it can take an hour to get from your room to the parking garage and then get stuck in strip traffic if you stay in a 'resort' hotel)

We pay £1200 each for direct flights, room, car, insurance everything.
Hire a convertable, trip around a bit, it's only 275 miles to LA for a couple of days!
Take comfy shoes. just exploring Caesars can tak half a day!

We budget on $50 pocet money each per day, any gambling we do (very little, maybe $10 on slots!) is just entertainment but even $10 can last an hour. And walked away with $50 winnings before now.

ps, it's bloody hot, well over 100 prety much all summer, and I've seen 117 degrees (whilst we were out all day at Off Road Truck racing at Primm!)

Hello sailor!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.