Last Film You Saw

This new Fincher movie Gone Girl.

First 30 minutes I found to be fancy, pretentious, meaningless film-making. After that though it did improve a lot and I had to watch in till the end. It's 2 hours 30 minutes long. I thought the start and the ending were made by the same person, and the middle was the best part.

6/10

masterwig said:
Saw Forrest Gump for the first time last night. To be honest I don't understand why people love it. Hanks is excellent as he plays a deluded fantasist bullshitting to people at the bus stop but that's the problem. It's just all so unbelievable that what could have been a sad ending elicits no real emotion from the viewer.

shocked-Monkey.jpg

The university of Colorado should explain it

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.colorado.edu/AmStudies/lewis/film/gumphilo.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.colorado.edu/AmStudies/lewis ... mphilo.pdf</a>

Sean85 said:
Just watching '71 now, obviously I wasn't born then but is that what it was like in Belfast at the time? Only seen the first half hour so not in a position to comment really but seems a scary place, for everyone involved.

Just watched it mate not sure he would have survived as it was a horrible place at that time.

Watching first Star Wars film for first time - never seen any of them before

Just starting Jack Reacher, not sure i can really take Cruise as Jack Reacher after reading a few of the books.

jimharri said:
willipp said:
Just starting Jack Reacher, not sure i can really take Cruise as Jack Reacher after reading a few of the books.
Actually, considering it is Cruise we're talking about, he isn't THAT bad in that film.

Reacher in the books is a 6'5 blonde haired brick shithouse. Its a decent film, I enjoyed it anyway, but Cruise is a million miles away from the character in the books.

stony said:
jimharri said:
willipp said:
Actually, considering it is Cruise we're talking about, he isn't THAT bad in that film.

Reacher in the books is a 6'5 blonde haired brick shithouse. Its a decent film, I enjoyed it anyway, but Cruise is a million miles away from the character in the books.

thought it was complete shite

like Lone Survivor is

Prisoners (good film)

Captain Phillips (also good)

stony said:
jimharri said:
willipp said:

I hadn't read the book, but I wasn't comparing the film to the book. A lot (most?) films that are inspired by books aren't as good as the book. I was judging the film in isolation. I'm not a Cruise fan, far from it. That's why I said, considering it was him, it wasn't that bad. Nor Oscar winning material, but it passes a couple of hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.