Last Film You Saw

Red Sun
Charles Bronson
Nice easy to watch Western, Bronson teams up with a Samurai warrior to hunt the man who double crossed him.
Great scenery.

7/10

Breaker Morant - 1980 Australian war story / courtroom drama with Edward Woodward. Very good, very decent. Clearly 95% of the inspiration for the Blackadder Goes Forth episode where Stephen Fry sits as an outrageously biased and pompous judge. Alas, the film is apparantly completely inappropriate in it's treatment of the defendants, based on documents uncovered later.

The Death Of Stalin - I really felt this one is aging very well. How does Kruschev manage to end up seeming like a decent human right at the end, seconds after he's engineered Beria's death? What a clever bit of storytelling and historical commentary. Must be in with a shout as Steve Buscemi's best role.

Saving Dune until it's on at the cinema.

Breaker Morant - 1980 Australian war story / courtroom drama with Edward Woodward. Very good, very decent. Clearly 95% of the inspiration for the Blackadder Goes Forth episode where Stephen Fry sits as an outrageously biased and pompous judge. Alas, the film is apparantly completely inappropriate in it's treatment of the defendants, based on documents uncovered later.

The Death Of Stalin - I really felt this one is aging very well. How does Kruschev manage to end up seeming like a decent human right at the end, seconds after he's engineered Beria's death? What a clever bit of storytelling and historical commentary. Must be in with a shout as Steve Buscemi's best role.

Saving Dune until it's on at the cinema.

The Death of Stalin is indeed excellent. The cast is amazing.

I did see Shang-Chi at the weekend - very enjoyable stuff.

Going to watch it this weekend, know nothing about it but liked the look of the snippets i've seen so far.

Watching it in the reclining screen at the Trafford Centre (went there for the 1st time for No Time to Die), hopefully the experience is just as good.

The only thing I will say is treat it in the similar way you treated "Star Wars" when first viewing, otherwise you will be lost, no doubt.

Just go with it and don't be distracted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.