Last Film You Saw

Yeah; it wasn't as "polished" an effort as Skyfall. Plus, Rami Malek wasn't a convincing bad guy.
Yeah not sure about Rami, sometimes he's really good but other times it seems he overacts. I think this one is the latter, and it just doesn't add anything to the character. But IMO it doesn't help with an average script and scenes that are cut poorly as well.

Yeah; it wasn't as "polished" an effort as Skyfall. Plus, Rami Malek wasn't a convincing bad guy.
Wasn't Maleks fault in fairness underused character with dubious reasoning. Same as Christoph Waltz really but even thinner character development.

They just decided to give them James Bond baddie scars instead.

The gun fight scenes and the ridiculous plot leading to the finale was totally useless really. Shame as Craig was an excellent Bond.

Wasn't Maleks fault in fairness underused character with dubious reasoning. Same as Christoph Waltz really but even thinner character development.

They just decided to give them James Bond baddie scars instead.

The gun fight scenes and the ridiculous plot leading to the finale was totally useless really. Shame as Craig was an excellent Bond.

The build-up for Waltz as Blofeld in the previous film worked well, but it was a strange choice to just bin him completely. I guess it would have been a long time from Spectre to whenever another is, but it seemed part of a pre-set plan to 'end things' - Blofeld, Bond, someone else as 007. It all just felt heavyhanded.

I agree that Malek wasn't really convincing with whatever caused him to go postal, but I thought he looked too young (and got argued at here about it!). Bond films are almost always about the villain, and the strange whispered performance just made me think of a poor imitation of Bardem's grotesque.

The build-up for Waltz as Blofeld in the previous film worked well, but it was a strange choice to just bin him completely. I guess it would have been a long time from Spectre to whenever another is, but it seemed part of a pre-set plan to 'end things' - Blofeld, Bond, someone else as 007. It all just felt heavyhanded.

I agree that Malek wasn't really convincing with whatever caused him to go postal, but I thought he looked too young (and got argued at here about it!). Bond films are almost always about the villain, and the strange whispered performance just made me think of a poor imitation of Bardem's grotesque.
Waltz was excellent in Spectre, same with Bardem in Skyfall.

9/10 ending? What!!!!

:-)
Seeing as Craig was determined not to carry on in the role, killing him off seemed to be the way to go. Unless they had him riding off into the sunset, leaving the option for him to return left open. The very final scene, with Madeleine driving the Aston Martin, with the little girl with her, was a bit over-schmaltzy, granted. And having another actor taking over as Bond (not 007, Bond) wouldn't work for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.