Last Film You Saw

Thinking of taking a peek at Train to Busan (never watched it). Not a big fan of Zombie movies, but this one seems to have got very good reviews. Worth spending the time to see what the fuss is about?
Watched it during the night. Very good film. I never travelled on the soccer special trains back in the seventies (usually one of the official travel club coaches), But I imagine this film would give a pretty good idea of what those trains were like!

;-)

Is the sequel (Peninsula) worth trying to see, or is it like most sequels (shite)?

Watched it during the night. Very good film. I never travelled on the soccer special trains back in the seventies (usually one of the official travel club coaches), But I imagine this film would give a pretty good idea of what those trains were like!

;-)

Is the sequel (Peninsula) worth trying to see, or is it like most sequels (shite)?

The prequel doesn't hold up as well, to be fair, but still might be worth seeing as it's just my opinion.

Without denigrating your opinion, character studies often are quite long and slow moving and then having to tell a story? It is what it is.

'Batman: Ego' is probably worth having a read of to understand the inspiration.

I meant to say I read Ego, very good. A really scary version of the psyche of Batman. "The Batman" ,however, is a poor reflection on it. Too much time is spent fighting criminals then analyzing his thoughts and ambition. Batman Begins is still the definite character study of the character, explaining why he fights but doesn't kill, how he operates. Also having been really disappointed with Andy Serkis as Alfred, I do believe Michael Caine is the definite Alfred. The scenes between him and Bale impressed me more so after seeing, and being disappointed, by Serkis.

I meant to say I read Ego, very good. A really scary version of the psyche of Batman. "The Batman" ,however, is a poor reflection on it. Too much time is spent fighting criminals then analyzing his thoughts and ambition. Batman Begins is still the definite character study of the character, explaining why he fights but doesn't kill, how he operates. Also having been really disappointed with Andy Serkis as Alfred, I do believe Michael Caine is the definite Alfred. The scenes between him and Bale impressed me more so after seeing, and being disappointed, by Serkis.

Good, I'm glad you read and liked 'Ego'. It's not well known, but I think it's incredible writing.

I appreciate your opinion taking the reading of that into account.

I would say Matt Reeves' characterisation differs entirely from Nolan's depiction as Reeves puts character study over action and Nolan vice versa. The only time this changed was 'The Joker' entry for which Heath Ledger had a LOT of say over, which is rather telling.

And just before I finish that thought, Matt Reeves' 'The Batman' is only starting his arc for understanding his actions has consequences. Nolan's depiction doesn't achieve that. Even when we see the copy cats, Nolan's 'Bruce Wayne' doesn't connect the dots of his actions, whilst Reeves' does and thus his learning curve starts to get to that 'hero' status you're looking for.

Same with Serkis' 'Alfred Pennyworth', I would add; he's not started his true influence, yet.

My son made me re-watch "Batman Begins" a couple of weeks ago and my first impression was reinforced, but I respect your opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.