Last Film You Saw

The Batman was it set when he just became Batman?

Because the authorities didn’t like him one bit even treated him with distain..

Sorry, not long been in.

This film is set as 'Year Two: The Batman'. If you have it still, it's worth re-watching the first sequences with his narrative to understand where his confidence is.

Hmmm I was going to write a sarcastic comment about you mistaking The Batman for Wolverine...but you gave me an idea about where the sequel could go...

Perhaps the sequel could see Bruce, trying to be a better hero, seek out a mentor figure to better train him. Perhaps the movie could open with him going in all guns blazing and suffering a beatdown, he starts to inject himself more frequently with Venom to better fight but second act he goes to far, potentially killing a villain. He realizes he needs to quit venom and seeks out a mentor figure to fight the right way. Him becoming addicted to a drug would really further the Kurt Cobain influence that Reeves talked about

Apart from the 'venom' aspect, this is a very viable idea.

I, too, think the strive to be 'better' will be fraught with pitfalls of PTSD and dilemma with dealing with more bolder, more dangerous foes.

I think there'll be a doubling of foes with 'The Court of Owls' being one. I'm not so sure ' The Joker' will play a huge part in the next film, more of a background menace.

Apart from the 'venom' aspect, this is a very viable idea.

I, too, think the strive to be 'better' will be fraught with pitfalls of PTSD and dilemma with dealing with more bolder, more dangerous foes.

I think there'll be a doubling of foes with 'The Court of Owls' being one. I'm not so sure ' The Joker' will play a huge part in the next film, more of a background menace.

Too soon for the Court... you need Robin or at least another partner to tell tihat story...
As you know I am completely against repeating stories and characters again so I dont want to see Joker again either. However he is too big a character to ignore and Barry Keoghan is a proper Dublin boy, those guys are pure Joker wannabes, so intrigued to see him do that on screen.

What do you think the thing he injected himself with was? The popular theory was it was venom..but there is not one hint towards this in the plot....it begs the question: if its venom then where was the build up? (Perhaps bad script writing?,bad editing?)if it is something else then what is it? Good movies leave hint to what is to come, so what the hell was that? And why wasn't it built up?

Perhaps it was a homage to Adam west, his ability to pull out exactly what was needed (shark repellent spray!!!) In the moment. Even you have to admit it was a random moment

Too soon for the Court... you need Robin or at least another partner to tell tihat story...
As you know I am completely against repeating stories and characters again so I dont want to see Joker again either. However he is too big a character to ignore and Barry Keoghan is a proper Dublin boy, those guys are pure Joker wannabes, so intrigued to see him do that on screen.

What do you think the thing he injected himself with was? The popular theory was it was venom..but there is not one hint towards this in the plot....it begs the question: if its venom then where was the build up? (Perhaps bad script writing?,bad editing?)if it is something else then what is it? Good movies leave hint to what is to come, so what the hell was that? And why wasn't it built up?

Perhaps it was a homage to Adam west, his ability to pull out exactly what was needed (shark repellent spray!!!) In the moment. Even you have to admit it was a random moment

I'm just not so sure about 'Owls' being early. The hints of what the 'Wayne' family history has been set now. It's too early for 'Robin' unless there's a time jump with Reeves assuming the audience will know the arc (much like he started with 'Year Two').

I think Reeves will focus on other villains not brought to the screen in any meaningful way, yet. I'm pretty sure I posted a superb fan made animation of 'Ventriloquist' (and 'Two Face'), so that might be one or someone like 'Dollmaker'.

It's just not obvious what the next steps will be, but most likely mentally ill enemies as that's the world of 'The Batman'.

Oh and I fully agree about the injection coming out of nowhere. It was such a standout from the rest of the way the film had been shot, it just felt... convenient! It's possible the explanation will be in a director's cut?

I do hope it's addressed.

Anyone seen this?

The Batman: Deleted Arkham Scenes

In a deleted scene from The Batman (2022), Batman consults an old acquaintance and Arkham inmate about The Riddler's crime spree.

I'm just not so sure about 'Owls' being early. The hints of what the 'Wayne' family history has been set now. It's too early for 'Robin' unless there's a time jump with Reeves assuming the audience will know the arc (much like he started with 'Year Two').

I think Reeves will focus on other villains not brought to the screen in any meaningful way, yet. I'm pretty sure I posted a superb fan made animation of 'Ventriloquist' (and 'Two Face'), so that might be one or someone like 'Dollmaker'.

It's just not obvious what the next steps will be, but most likely mentally ill enemies as that's the world of 'The Batman'.

Oh and I fully agree about the injection coming out of nowhere. It was such a standout from the rest of the way the film had been shot, it just felt... convenient! It's possible the explanation will be in a director's cut?

A little too convenient....(bad writing/editing?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.