Last Film You Saw

As I said, we'll see if it's addressed in the director's cut as it will give greater depth to what we've seen already.

Is there going to be a directors cut I searched and it said they’ll be no directors cut of the Batman

Matt Reeves Confirms What We Suspected About A Director's Cut Of The Batman

Mike Bedard
Matt Reeves posing Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty
By /Feb. 25, 2022 5:15 pm EDT
2022 might just be the year of Batman. A minimum of three different iterations of the character will appear on the big screen this year. Coming down the pipeline, "The Flash" movie will bring together both Ben Affleck's version of the character from the DC Extended Universe as well as Michael Keaton from the Tim Burton films of the late 1980s/early '90s. But before that day comes, audiences have the delight of witnessing "The Batman," which sees Robert Pattinson suit up in the cape and cowl for the first time.

Pattinson's version of the character will be separate from everything else that's come out of DC before. It has no connection to the DCEU, allowing director and co-writer Matt Reeves to do whatever he pleases with the character without worrying about whatever's come before. Of course, in the age of the Snyder Cut, it's only natural for fans to wonder if this is the final version of "The Batman" we'll see or if Reeves has something up his sleeve for the future.

There will be no director's cut for The Batman

The Batman fighting thugs Warner Bros. Pictures/YouTube
With the Snyder Cut and growing support for director David Ayer to release his version of 2016's "Suicide Squad," director's cuts are enjoying a bit of a resurgence in popularity as of late. Despite "The Batman" not even being out yet, it's clear some fans don't want to wait before knowing if they should taper their expectations and wait for another version to come out down the road. Fortunately, Matt Reeves has assuaged those concerns.

In an interview with Collider, Reeves is asked whether an extended version of the movie, or even just some deleted scenes, could materialize at some point. Reeves responds, "This is the cut. The amazing thing about this process ... this is the version of the film that I wanted to make. And the amazing thing is I got to make it." Warner Bros. may have meddled in the past with some of their superhero projects, but it seems like they let Reeves take the reins without causing as much of a fuss this time.

So no, it doesn't sound like a Reeves Cut will manifest in the future. "The Batman," which comes out in theaters on March 4, is the version the director wanted everyone to see, and everyone should.

Is there going to be a directors cut I searched and it said they’ll be no directors cut of the Batman

Matt Reeves Confirms What We Suspected About A Director's Cut Of The Batman

Mike Bedard
Matt Reeves posing Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty
By /Feb. 25, 2022 5:15 pm EDT
2022 might just be the year of Batman. A minimum of three different iterations of the character will appear on the big screen this year. Coming down the pipeline, "The Flash" movie will bring together both Ben Affleck's version of the character from the DC Extended Universe as well as Michael Keaton from the Tim Burton films of the late 1980s/early '90s. But before that day comes, audiences have the delight of witnessing "The Batman," which sees Robert Pattinson suit up in the cape and cowl for the first time.

Pattinson's version of the character will be separate from everything else that's come out of DC before. It has no connection to the DCEU, allowing director and co-writer Matt Reeves to do whatever he pleases with the character without worrying about whatever's come before. Of course, in the age of the Snyder Cut, it's only natural for fans to wonder if this is the final version of "The Batman" we'll see or if Reeves has something up his sleeve for the future.

There will be no director's cut for The Batman

The Batman fighting thugs Warner Bros. Pictures/YouTube
With the Snyder Cut and growing support for director David Ayer to release his version of 2016's "Suicide Squad," director's cuts are enjoying a bit of a resurgence in popularity as of late. Despite "The Batman" not even being out yet, it's clear some fans don't want to wait before knowing if they should taper their expectations and wait for another version to come out down the road. Fortunately, Matt Reeves has assuaged those concerns.

In an interview with Collider, Reeves is asked whether an extended version of the movie, or even just some deleted scenes, could materialize at some point. Reeves responds, "This is the cut. The amazing thing about this process ... this is the version of the film that I wanted to make. And the amazing thing is I got to make it." Warner Bros. may have meddled in the past with some of their superhero projects, but it seems like they let Reeves take the reins without causing as much of a fuss this time.

So no, it doesn't sound like a Reeves Cut will manifest in the future. "The Batman," which comes out in theaters on March 4, is the version the director wanted everyone to see, and everyone should.

Thanks.

That's interesting, but I would take that with a pinch of salt. Pattison denied being in the film for ages and a deleted scene with 'The Joker' appeared on YouTube.

I think when these comments were released there wasn't much faith in the film reaching the numbers it ended up on, which was almost a billion dollars. I think it's possible they'll want to squeeze more money from this film when other DC content comes out.

I think we'll know, for definite, in and around Christmas/ New Year, but thanks for the article as I hadn't seen that before.

Thanks.

That's interesting, but I would take that with a pinch of salt. Pattison denied being in the film for ages and a deleted scene with 'The Joker' appeared on YouTube.

I think when these comments were released there wasn't much faith in the film reaching the numbers it ended up on, which was almost a billion dollars. I think it's possible they'll want to squeeze more money from this film when other DC content comes out.

I think we'll know, for definite, in and around Christmas/ New Year, but thanks for the article as I hadn't seen that before.

I hope there is a directors cut.

I watched the superman vs Batam film and it was a bit confusing then I watched the directors cut and it brought it all together for me it’s was a fantastic film..

I hope there is a directors cut.

I watched the superman vs Batam film and it was a bit confusing then I watched the directors cut and it brought it all together for me it’s was a fantastic film..

Fully agreed that the D cut cements the whole thing much better than the theatrical release. I'm not sure why execs get involved with slicing films down, losing context.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.