Last Film You Saw

I also thought Prey was good.

Like some of the Batman movies, it is another film with shamanic elements (use of power plants, acrobatics, animal spirit guides etc.). Liked the fact that so much of the dialogue was minimalist or simply left untranslated, and yet the storytelling wasn't diminished.

Visually well crafted too.

Elvis, I don’t know how accurate a film it is but the Colonel seemed a ****, I half expected it to reveal he abused Elvis sexually. I know some of the stuff is correct the drugs etc but 42 such a waste of a huge talent. The main actor looks very much like him and carries it off well although he isn’t given the most dialogue as much of the film is narrated by Hanks/Parker. I like Elvis but I wouldn’t say I’m a big big fan, so would be interested to know what big followers of him think. 7/10

Reasonable biopic. Covered Elvis' early music influences - early black soul, rock n' roll stuff. Very sensual singer with huge female following. He was rather mother fixated and had a group of Memphis mafia around all the time. Good 1968 comeback special reignited his failing career. Vegas years and increasing drug abuse followed. Colonel Parker was a parasitic leach who gambled away 50% of Elvis' earnings. He was also a fake, a Dutch illegal immigrant who almost certainly was a fugitive murderer in Amsterdam.

Thought Prey was just OK tbh. I liked that the Predator had aged tech, considering it was set 2000ish years (?) before the Arnie one. I thought the CGI was particularly poor, the animals didn't look right and the Predators face didn't seem right to me either (although that wasn't CGI). I liked some of the nods they did to the original, such as the scene where she is drenched in mud and when she pulls herself out of the water, but didn't really like the 'if it bleeds, we can kill it' tbh.

6.5/10

Thought Prey was just OK tbh. I liked that the Predator had aged tech, considering it was set 2000ish years (?) before the Arnie one. I thought the CGI was particularly poor, the animals didn't look right and the Predators face didn't seem right to me either (although that wasn't CGI). I liked some of the nods they did to the original, such as the scene where she is drenched in mud and when she pulls herself out of the water, but didn't really like the 'if it bleeds, we can kill it' tbh.

6.5/10

I think it's set in 1677...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.