Last Film You Saw

Okay, "Prey" is set over 300 years ago.

Cool.

I must say, it's been called an 'origin' story, but it's clearly not. I wonder if they'll attempt an earlier arc, one that's classed as definitively as an origin?

Maybe come to us as weaponless aliens in Roman times or earlier, defeated and keep coming back with learned weaponry?

I think this film should have been on the big screen with a slightly bigger budget for the effects.

Okay, "Prey" is set over 300 years ago.

Cool.

I must say, it's been called an 'origin' story, but it's clearly not. I wonder if they'll attempt an earlier arc, one that's classed as definitively as an origin?

Maybe come to us as weaponless aliens in Roman times or earlier, defeated and keep coming back with learned weaponry?

I think this film should have been on the big screen with a slightly bigger budget for the effects.
AFAIK Prey has done pretty well and is getting some decent reviews, the rest of the previous ones at the cinema have failed and probably cost a lot of money. Maybe they can use this success to explore it further.

If you read up on the character of Dutch (Arnie's from the original film), in the comics and novels it seems like he becomes somewhat of a legend even within the Predators and they come to fear him, he makes it his personal mission to kill them. It would be interesting if they make an older Dutch movie, but then it could just end up like the Terminator franchise where most of the recent films have been average/poor.

Bull

Basically Kill List under another guise. Even has a batshit ending. Not as good, but enjoyed it a lot. £2.99 to buy on YouTube, Amazon Apple TV

Neil Maskell is my favourite British actor. Can't understand why he remains largely unknown.

Another one for Prey. 6/10. Neat idea and passed the evening, but nothing particularly memorable. Would I watch it again someday? Nea.

Elvis, I don’t know how accurate a film it is but the Colonel seemed a ****, I half expected it to reveal he abused Elvis sexually. I know some of the stuff is correct the drugs etc but 42 such a waste of a huge talent. The main actor looks very much like him and carries it off well although he isn’t given the most dialogue as much of the film is narrated by Hanks/Parker. I like Elvis but I wouldn’t say I’m a big big fan, so would be interested to know what big followers of him think. 7/10
Thank you very much

Prey was well shot, the cast, especially the lead were very good. The idea of the more primitive predator technology was nice.

Didn't overly like the new predator design and did find the last part too believable, but a good solid reboot for the franchise.

The 2 AVP films and The Predator nearly killed the whole thing off. Does this move the franchise on? I think there's more possibilities of Predators in different regions of the world in various historical eras.

We'll probably end up with a predator fighting the British during the Revolutionary Wars and some idiot asking if it's based on a true story......?

****Possible Spoiler*******""

If Naaru gets the pistol at the end, which is the same pistol that Danny Glover's cop is given at the end of Predator 2, then our favourite dreadlocked alien hunters must be due a rematch with the Comanche? Let's hope so.

Prey was well shot, the cast, especially the lead were very good. The idea of the more primitive predator technology was nice.

Didn't overly like the new predator design and did find the last part too believable, but a good solid reboot for the franchise.

The 2 AVP films and The Predator nearly killed the whole thing off. Does this move the franchise on? I think there's more possibilities of Predators in different regions of the world in various historical eras.

We'll probably end up with a predator fighting the British during the Revolutionary Wars and some idiot asking if it's based on a true story......?

****Possible Spoiler*******""

If Naaru gets the pistol at the end, which is the same pistol that Danny Glover's cop is given at the end of Predator 2, then our favourite dreadlocked alien hunters must be due a rematch with the Comanche? Let's hope so.

*****Possible Spoiler*******

In the end credit sequence, the paintings show three spaceships coming back to the tribe. I assume this results in them taking the pistol as a momento.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.