Last Film You Saw

All quiet on the western front - netflix.

Not sure how I feel about this one. Very long, very drawn out. Elements were really good. Shot well but every scene just too long for me. A good one if you have time to kill. 6/10.

I agree,it was a good but not great.

Like other films that tug on the emotions and portray reality,and,in this case, the horrors of such....i think the content makes it a film that many feel they should/have to admire,and subsequently rate higher than it deserves.

I agree,it was a good but not great.

Like other films that tug on the emotions and portray reality,and,in this case, the horrors of such....i think the content makes it a film that many feel they should/have to admire,and subsequently rate higher than it deserves.
This one also has to do justice to a classic and controversial book. It was a good film, I enjoyed watching it. But I was getting inpatient and did fast forward a few scenes as I didn't want to be up too late...

It is also dubbed and I would have liked it better if it was in german with subtitles.

I've seen today it's got 8/10 on imdb and is in the running for Oscars. I get that, I just don't have 2.5 hours to watch a film.

I watched "The Stranger" on Netflix.

The premise sounded great, trailer looked interesting and the reviews were good.

I give it 6/10. The whole idea was good and it's based on a true story. But it was hard to watch, and not because it's brutal. It was just a bit meh. It was hard to grasp too, about 20 mins in i was wondering what was going on.

Brad Pitt said in an interview that TAOJJBTCRF was his favourite film he starred in, and the best acting performance in his career.

Roger Deakins (the Cinematographer) said the train robbery sequence was his favourite sequence he ever filmed and put together on celluloid.

Nick Cave/Warren Ellis said the musical score for the film was their favourite one they produced so far.

All in all, TAOJJBTCRF (2007).
v63gjVo.gif

z6Oeedi.gif

Narrator: "Rooms seemed hotter when he was in them. Rain fell straighter. Clocks slowed. Sounds were amplified."

I'm extremely hard to please, but the fact that Brad Pitt cites this as his favourite piece of performance is reflective in the film.

It's so different than the rest the rest of the genre in portrayal.

For me, it's one of the best Westerns ever (if not the best for me, personally) ever made.

I'm extremely hard to please, but the fact that Brad Pitt cites this as his favourite piece of performance is reflective in the film.

It's so different than the rest the rest of the genre in portrayal.

For me, it's one of the best Westerns ever (if not the best for me, personally) ever made.
I'm going to have to watch this. Better than Pale Rider?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.