Last Film You Saw

In my opinion, yes.

The only thing I will say, is watch it like you haven't watched a Western before and you may appreciate the beauty of what you're seeing.
Thanks. I always go into films that way. Invest myself, if it doesn't take off you just know.

TAOJJBTCRF (2007) has parallels with Heat (1995)

A sprawling epic drama about a crew being assembled to pull off one final score, whilst being pursued by law enforcement, with the crew leader, Jesse James beset by paranoia all around him (or in the case of Neil McCauley in Heat driven to seek revenge against a crew member) eventually leading to their downfall.

Except that TAOJJBTCRF has an additional epilogue lasting a further 40 minutes or so, whereby the surviving members of the crew try to live out their lives with regret and sorrow brought about their leaders demise.

TAOJJBTCRF (2007)
v63gjVo.gif

Heat (1995)
v63gjVo.gif

Last edited:
TAOJJBTCRF (2007) has parallels with Heat (1995)

A sprawling epic drama about a crew being assembled to pull off one final score, whilst being pursued by law enforcement, with the crew leader, Jesse James beset by paranoia all around him (or in the case of Neil McCauley in Heat driven to seek revenge against a crew member) eventually leading to their downfall.

Except that TAOJJBTCRF has an additional epilogue lasting a further 40 minutes or so, whereby the surviving members of the crew try to live out their lives with regret and sorrow brought about their leaders demise.

TAOJJBTCRF (2007)
v63gjVo.gif

Heat (1995)
v63gjVo.gif
I haven't seen Heat but will look it up.

I really like TAOJJBTCRF. Not just the brilliant cinematography and general "feel" of the lonesomeness and sheer hopelessness in those baron landscapes, (and the music) but it really is the only deeply phycological western I've seen.

I mean Clint's brilliant "Unforgiven" touches on this but in the end it's a revenge movie, not straight ahead though, and brilliantly executed.
The Casey Affleck part was brilliantly played, showing his pain at being ridiculed as the youngest of the brothers and his desire to be like Jesse. He idolized Jesse as a lot of the public did, until he saw the murderous side of Jesse like on the train and witnessed Jesse mocking him just like his brothers.
Jesse looked tormented throughout and didn't know who to trust. An enigma of a person deeply tormented.
His stare gave me a nervous feeling.

My favourite western.

I really like TAOJJBTCRF. it really is the only deeply phycological western I've seen.
Character led westerns with a psychological theme.

~ Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973)
~ Dead Man (1995)
~ Lone Star (1996)
~ The Proposition (2005)
~ The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005)
~ The Homesman (2014)
~ Sweet Country (2017)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.